Suggestions for Stockholm ?

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,

Me and my wife will be visiting Stockholm / Sweden next week. If we have some members from Sweden, I would like to hear suggestions about food, transportation or some local tips around there.

Thanks !

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
No my favourity place Sweden, I visited Stockolm in summer..

but the vasa museum is a must visit..

Herbert32

Licensed User
Longtime User
be prepared to use your credit-card often as sweden operates nearly cashless.

Maybe a good time to check your card-providers abroad-fees which can sum up fast while you are paying also small amounts usually cashless

locals are useing primary a mobile app calles 'swish' but as far as i know it only can be connected to swedish banks

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
be prepared to use your credit-card often as sweden operates nearly cashless.

Maybe a good time to check your card-providers abroad-fees which can sum up fast while you are paying also small amounts usually cashless

locals are useing primary a mobile app calles 'swish' but as far as i know it only can be connected to swedish banks
Really ? for the first time in my life , I got some SEK from the bank and I was planning not to use my credit card. omg.

Herbert32

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes - it's crazy how fast they moved to the most cashless society worldwide

you will see a lot of NoCash-Signs (or maybe they are now so far that they also removed this signs :D)
img_8957-2_custom-ed1e1de8166f2549e2869e6439e46ed3a4f2ae76-s800-c85.jpg

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
woow, I was there in 2014.:)

cards=easy to control taxes..

what about Smartphone payments?

Herbert32

Licensed User
Longtime User
cards=easy to control taxes..
exactly...

even if they said the cause of this movement has been a series of bankrobbery o_O

they also have a kind of transparency-system which allows everyone to know every detail of others financials

what about Smartphone payments?
as they have been faster than google-pay and apple-pay there evolved a only national popular app which is called 'swish' www.getswish.se

nearly 7 million from that less than 10million peoples use it.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I saw this no-cash thing in netherlands some years ago but it was only
B4X:
TRUE
in where you can buy things like bread etc for medical safety reasons. I don't think restaurants for example don't force it also ?

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As long as you have a Credit Card, you are fine. Swish can be one payment-option among many others.
I am from Sweden but I have lived in Italy for nearly 30 years. However, I visit Sweden at least 4-5 times a year and I have no problems using Credit Cards or cash to be honest.
Enjoy Stockholm - it is a lovely place although I prefer it during the summer, especially going for a boat-ride in the marvelous archipelago.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As long as you have a Credit Card, you are fine. Swish can be one payment-option among many others.
I am from Sweden but I have lived in Italy for nearly 30 years. However, I visit Sweden at least 4-5 times a year and I have no problems using Credit Cards or cash to be honest.
Enjoy Stockholm - it is a lovely place although I prefer it during the summer, especially going for a boat-ride in the marvelous archipelago.
yes, I hope we won't be freezing :)

Thanks for help guys !

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
yes, I hope we won't be freezing
Generally speaking, it's cold but not that much.
Last winter I've been in Lulea (far north) and the perceived temperature was not that bad (probabily because of low humidity). What was a bit scary was the treatment to the airplane wings in order to allow a safe take off..

BTW, we used a mix of cash and credit card

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last winter I've been in Lulea (far north) and the perceived temperature was not that bad (probabily because of low humidity). What was a bit scary was the treatment to the airplane wings in order to allow a safe take off..

BTW, we used a mix of cash and credit card
Thanks ! yes temps will not be too bad according to reports so it will be ok I think.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a good suggestion for Stockholm: change your prenotations to Roma.
:p
Once upon a time, I was in Rome in Agust. That day I said to myself, I won't come here again because of the heat :).
But I went to Rome again and I proposed there so I think it is enough with Rome :)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

this is kind of relative :)

if you live somewhere where the minimum temperature over the entire year is 18°C the 7°C today in Stockholm is like freezing.
While for others it's almost summer temp.

Don't forget to have some sursströming while you're there!

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
this is kind of relative
You're right. I live in Lugano, south Switzerland, but I'm from south Italy where 40°C (summertime) are not uncommon.
I found those about -10°C bearable (during my vist there we had low humidity and no wind). At least far better than the day I was skiing at -23°C (strong wind). Well, the skiing session lasted just the time needed to reach back the base station, twenty minutes or so..but that's another story (ok, adventure).
:)