Wish Support for dyndns address as Server IP

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would like to see support for a dyndns-address (such as my.dnsdns.org) in the Server-IP field in Server Settings in B4i. When I try to insert my dyndns-address, I get an invalid IP address error.

If this would be possible, and by setting up portforwarding properly in my router, I could access my MAC at home from the office and use B4i in the office without using the hosted solution. I tried it using my public IP address assigned to my router at home and it worked fine from the office. The advantage using a dyndns is that I don't need to look up my current public ip-address which changes quite often.

Correction: It did not work (or at least partially):(
The remote compilation seems to work (at least that is what it says in the compiling information shown on the screen) but when the app tries to launch on my device I get a connection-error (the ip address shown is correct). Maybe it using another port?

Thanks

Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Made a correction note to my above posted wish...

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The remote compilation seems to work (at least that is what it says in the compiling information shown on the screen) but when the app tries to launch on my device I get a connection-error (the ip address shown is correct). Maybe it using another port?
It doesn't work because of the SSL key. It is tied to a specific ip address.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OK - a pity though.
I will continue using the hosted server solution from remote...