Support Ticket System powered by Web API 2

Are you interested to buy the source?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
SQLite is a good choice as you don't need to install a database server. It can support multi-user environment.

Without a software db server how does it support multi-user?
Who acts as a controller between the various requests?
From this document (at the end) it doesn't seem that Sqlite is preferable to others when access from multiple clients needs to be allowed

Last edited:

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Without a software db server how does it support multi-user?
Who acts as a controller between the various requests?
From this document (at the end) it doesn't seem that Sqlite is preferable to others when access from multiple clients needs to be allowed
As I wrote, it is a good choice, especially during local development and testing.
A better choice is something like MySQL and MS SQL.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
One thing good about the system I am going to build is API ready.
You can use the API to build your own B4X client apps, or use your preferred programming language such as PHP or .NET to access the core API.
Not only that, you can also easily switch to another web frameworks such as Vue, Angular, React, Svelte and so on.
Did you see this coming?

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
I know there are many commercial softwares. They provide a lot of advanced features. If I copy from them then it is become a clone and the price is same as those softwares.

I would recommend starting with a basic system
Only one screen with
-------------------------------
- customer
- ticket opening date
- current state
- title
- extended description
- in charge to person...
-------------------------------
And possibility of searches by crossing each of the fields above

Then, once the system is started, adding and modifying will be very fast and above all oriented by everyone's real needs
Obviously the tickets of a customer must not be visible to others, unless the administrator allows some customers to be able to see the tickets of others

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hesk is a basic PHP help desk solution that found a market by just being limited and simple. Perhaps they can be an inspiration for a reasonable level of ambition. (I used it years ago, and it helped solve our needs nicely.)

(At some point the wanted to make more money and created a sibling solution: SysAid. The link for that can be found on the Hesk frontpage.)

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
It would be easier to answer the survey correctly if there was an indication of the cost range to have the project
In any case, I think that having the possibility of collecting reports/requests via the web is a useful project for all those who work both in the IT world and also in other fields

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
And also: I don't want to be a downer, but I would like to answer no. But not for the reason you posted in the survey. If you add "No (other reason)", or something like it, I would pick that.

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
I want to know what are the common features people are looking for. With the price to justify the scope.

My thoughts may be very different from others.

Customer management - a CRM system? or just a simple table just to keep some fields like email and contact?
Shop - just for a drop down list with id and name?
Equipment management - also another table? What are the fields? Some simple fields, you would add more fields your own?
Are there categories for the above? For example, you have different type of customers, Shop by State, City or Region and Equipment is categorized by Department or types?

Ticket Management - Customer can create own ticket or only created by a support officer? Allow upload of images? Keep track of SLA? Email? Live chat? Export or print?

Assistance management for Equipment meaning? is it like warranty or contract agreement?

Every ticket is chargeable? Cost Centre?

Reporting and Dashboard? What reports are required? What summary you want to see in Dashboard?

User Access Permission and Roles?

If the poll closed and less than 10 people are interested then I am not going to build one. I don't want to create something that low in quality or useless and sell like $5 for 2 people, or I have spent like 3 months and more to build with high quality features and then also sell very bad.

From my point of view, a small project is better, with the aim of containing the purchase cost
At the same time it should have the important functions for data entry, modification, deletion, and above all the search for the desired records using all the available fields
Once the project includes the basic functionalities to perform operations on a single data set, then the user can autonomously replicate the same operation also on other data sets
For example, let's assume that the final goal is to create a project that allows you to manage customers, tickets, scheduled interventions, reports, estimates, invoice
Is It will be sufficient to start with customers + tickets and allow insertion, modification, deletion, search on these two datasets
In this way the operator can easily extend the project by duplicating the functions already present

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
an indication of the cost range
I have raised this question too. It is an open question for discussion.
You may suggest any range. If you want options, here an example
1. The price as low as $5
2. Below $50
3. Below $200
4. Other

In my mind, I am targeting something with quality of $200. This is not finalize as there will be early bird promotion and bonus.
possibility of collecting reports/requests via the web is a useful project for all those who work both in the IT world and also in other fields
Can you explain this?
Is this related to the survey or a feature request?

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
And also: I don't want to be a downer, but I would like to answer no. But not for the reason you posted in the survey. If you add "No (other reason)", or something like it, I would pick that.
You may reply so. I will still consider the answer as no (similar to not voting). I want to know the response and thoughts.
P/s: I can't edit the answer now.