Support Ticket System powered by Web API 2

Are you interested to buy the source?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The poll is created just to collect interest to see how many interested in the project.

This does not mean any obligation of making an order or early booking.
Whoever voted can change his mind.

If someone has been looking for this kind of project in B4X for a while, the vote can help a developer (not just me) know whether it is worth to start one.

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
I have raised this question too. It is an open question for discussion.
You may suggest any range. If you want options, here an example
1. The price as low as $5
2. Below $50
3. Below $200
4. Other

In my mind, I am targeting something with quality of $200. This is not finalize as there will be early bird promotion and bonus.

Can you explain this?
Is this related to the survey or a feature request?

From the point of view of the producer of a certain software procedure, it is logical to expect a fair remuneration at least equal to the hourly cost of a professional programmer multiplied by the time spent producing that procedure
Let's assume the cost/hour is 25 euros, the time taken is around 20 hours, and the foreseeable buyers are 5
The cost per single customer would be 25 euros x 20 hours / 5 customers = 100 euros / customer
Attention I put random numbers, just to give an example
This logic could be applicable if there was a specific order from a group of supporters, to create a product with specific characteristics

But, usually, this is not the case in this group
The potential customer (all visitors to the forum) does not know the product he is buying and therefore, for his part, must take on a great risk of buying a program that he does not know if it will do what he might need
And therefore from the customer's point of view, at least within this forum, it is more plausible to think of an amount of the type
"even if I lose everything, it is still a minimum amount, and therefore if the cost is low, the risk is also lower and I can try"

I can tell you what is valid for me, maybe for others the logic could be different
From my point of view, a project costing within 30 euros, if complete with sources, can certainly be a project purchasable without many problems
A project as I said before for which the low cost allows you to 'try' without many problems

In the 50-100 euro range I should be quite sure that the project creates something that I need directly for use in my work

For purchases over 100 euros, the project should have a demo, documentation, and be 'definitely' usable in my work, because I consider the amount to be of a certain weight,

All this regardless of the 'value' of the project itself, which is often much higher than the purchase cost

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
Hello, I believe that to sell several copies and also attract many curious,
the price should be under 100 dollars, I would also be willing to pay a little more, but in doing so only a few interested parties will buy it and the finished proceeds would not be much for our friend @aeric
so I suggest a good product under 100 dollars, and I believe that if a really good product, many will buy it, because it is really useful for many

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
From the point of view of the producer of a certain software procedure, it is logical to expect a fair remuneration at least equal to the hourly cost of a professional programmer multiplied by the time spent producing that procedure
Let's assume the cost/hour is 25 euros, the time taken is around 20 hours, and the foreseeable buyers are 5
The cost per single customer would be 25 euros x 20 hours / 5 customers = 100 euros / customer
Attention I put random numbers, just to give an example
This logic could be applicable if there was a specific order from a group of supporters, to create a product with specific characteristics

But, usually, this is not the case in this group
The potential customer (all visitors to the forum) does not know the product he is buying and therefore, for his part, must take on a great risk of buying a program that he does not know if it will do what he might need
And therefore from the customer's point of view, at least within this forum, it is more plausible to think of an amount of the type
"even if I lose everything, it is still a minimum amount, and therefore if the cost is low, the risk is also lower and I can try"

I can tell you what is valid for me, maybe for others the logic could be different
From my point of view, a project costing within 30 euros, if complete with sources, can certainly be a project purchasable without many problems
A project as I said before for which the low cost allows you to 'try' without many problems

In the 50-100 euro range I should be quite sure that the project creates something that I need directly for use in my work

For purchases over 100 euros, the project should have a demo, documentation, and be 'definitely' usable in my work, because I consider the amount to be of a certain weight,

All this regardless of the 'value' of the project itself, which is often much higher than the purchase cost
Tldr I assume your prefer price is $50-100.
Develop within 3 days with 2 modules.

I don't get it. Special customization in lower price?

As I mentioned earlier. Potential buyer please specify the basic features expected to include within their budget.

I have provided a lot of high quality projects for those who paid me.

I have even provided a lot of free and open source solutions.

I can claim that my code is simplified, clear, organised, straight to the point, maintainable, easy to understand and extend, less bugs, decent design and good user experience.
I also wrote a lot of clear user guides.

Not sure because I always post very simple projects so people thought my project is not professional and it doesn't deserve a better price.

As I mentioned before, I don't want to create a prototype. I want to develop a fully usable project, where even myself will use it.

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
Tldr I assume your prefer price is $50-100.
Develop within 3 days with 2 modules.
two modules for me would be very few, without printing, without a dashboard

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
my ticket management goes something like this: I have several customers, each customer has several stores, each store has different equipment (printer, scale, computer, etc.) so customer 1 opens a ticket in store 1, for a pc fault, then select the point of sale, the PC, and enter the description of the fault, the ticket is then assigned by the administrator, to the competent technician, who will schedule the ticket, and solve the problem.
therefore it is necessary,
1) technical users table,
2) Customers table,
3) stores table,
4) tools table,
5) tickets table

dashboard, total customers, total tickets, open tickets, closed tickets, scheduled tickets, print programming by technician, print interventions by customer, print statistics for interventions by customer / shop, print ticket statistics, print / Statistics by instrument

let's say I've minimized what I need

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
my ticket management goes something like this: I have several customers, each customer has several stores, each store has different equipment (printer, scale, computer, etc.) so customer 1 opens a ticket in store 1, for a pc fault, then select the point of sale, the PC, and enter the description of the fault, the ticket is then assigned by the administrator, to the competent technician, who will schedule the ticket, and solve the problem.
therefore it is necessary,
1) technical users table,
2) Customers table,
3) stores table,
4) tools table,
5) tickets table

dashboard, total customers, total tickets, open tickets, closed tickets, scheduled tickets, print programming by technician, print interventions by customer, print statistics for interventions by customer / shop, print ticket statistics, print / Statistics by instrument

let's say I've minimized what I need

It is always a question of inserting data into only one table of the db, the 'ticket' table
Then, some fields of the 'ticket' table can be inserted by writing freehand (description of anomaly/request), while other fields can be selected from the choices corresponding to the contents of other tables (customer name, shop name, device, etc.)
And searches will only be performed on the 'ticket' table

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
not exactly, you need a little more tables from which to select, point of sale, department of competence, instrument to be repaired, etc. then manually write the request, problem to be solved. at least from my point of view.

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
not exactly, you need a little more tables from which to select, point of sale, department of competence, instrument to be repaired, etc. then manually write the request, problem to be solved. at least from my point of view.

Yes, I made an example by indicating with "..etc." the base tables from which the 'ticket' operating screen would take the information
Each will have its basic tables, but in the aeric project even just one would be enough, with its own screen for inserting/editing/deleting/printing
Then all the others that were necessary, could be duplicated exactly like the first
But everyone will have their own information, depending on the type of support they are going to provide In my opinion, the aeric project is sufficient to have the basic screens, and therefore the 'ticket' screen (which will be the main operating screen), and a screen for one base table (for example the customer name)
To allow to those who will purchase the project to then extend as they need

Last edited:

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Here is an example of a very basic ticketing system I developed many years ago, using ASP.NET VB.

Technical Support Ticketing System
User ID: Admin | Password: Admin1234

Another system is for managing inventory such as server, printer, POS.

Stock Buffer Monitoring System
User ID: Admin | Password: Admin1234

Congratulations, really interesting projects
Being able to choose the technology to use on the web server side, I would say that most service provider offer hosting with linux+apache+mysql+php
Of course, there are also systems with Windows but the greatest and often cheapest offer is the one based on Linux and therefore usually MySql and Php
If I started from scratch, and had to choose between Php and Asp.net, I would choose Php as interpreter for server side code
But as I said before, Asp.net+MsSqlServer is quite common 'in nature' šŸ¤£

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulations, really interesting projects
Being able to choose the technology to use on the web server side, I would say that most service provider offer hosting with linux+apache+mysql+php
Of course, there are also systems with Windows but the greatest and often cheapest offer is the one based on Linux and therefore usually MySql and Php
If I started from scratch, and had to choose between Php and Asp.net, I would choose Php as interpreter for server side code
But as I said before, Asp.net+MsSqlServer is quite common 'in nature' šŸ¤£
The systems I shared above were developed for my former employer. I was a technical support in a company supporting retail business. My supervisor was using MS Excel to manage the Engineer and Inventory. I developed a few systems for him. Actually I have given up as a programmer to become admin and support for few years. Then I resigned and return as a programmer after developed these systems. The reason I use ASP.NET is because the company is running mostly Windows Server OS. I also more familiar with VB than PHP at that time.

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
Without a software db server how does it support multi-user?
Who acts as a controller between the various requests?
From this document (at the end) it doesn't seem that Sqlite is preferable to others when access from multiple clients needs to be allowed
Do a search on the forum. There are many threads on performance and multi-user use of SQLite. Multiple read connections are fine. Any writes are queued so there is no locking required.

Just an FYI but PocketBase uses SQLite. Their FAQ states this;

PocketBase can easily serve 10 000+ concurrent and persistent realtime connections

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Do a search on the forum. There are many threads on performance and multi-user use of SQLite. Multiple read connections are fine. Any writes are queued so there is no locking required.

Just an FYI but PocketBase uses SQLite. Their FAQ states this;

PocketBase can easily serve 10 000+ concurrent and persistent realtime connections

"..Any writes are queued.." from WHO?

In the case of Pocket Base, is its code that accepts single requests and performs the arbitration between the various writes on the db

But in the case of SqLite, suppose you have on pc1 the data file, on pc2 a program that is writing to SqLite (using its own local library) and on pc3 there is another program that is writing to SqLite (using its own local library)
How does the SqLite library on pc2 communicate with the SqLite library on pc3 to agree on when to write?

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
"..Any writes are queued.." from WHO?

In the case of Pocket Base, is its code that accepts single requests and performs the arbitration between the various writes on the db

But in the case of SqLite, suppose you have on pc1 the data file, on pc2 a program that is writing to SqLite (using its own local library) and on pc3 there is another program that is writing to SqLite (using its own local library)
How does the SqLite library on pc2 communicate with the SqLite library on pc3 to agree on when to write?
Not the place to discuss this. This is a server application Aeric is talking about, so same concept as pocketbase Nobody said anything about PCs.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have started developing a simple system. Currently using SQLite. It has a long way to go.

1687802671174.png

1687802801832.png

Last edited: