Android Question Synchronization of a db between two Android devices

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all.

Please, read my "signature" first :)

Surely, someone more experienced than me about the mobile, has already addressed this issue.

What is the best way (rapid development) to manage the synchronization of a db between two Android devices (using B4A, of course) and without going through the internet (any server type)?

I intend to refer both to the medium (wifi-bluetooth-wifidirect) that the programming strategies (special fields in the db?).

Are there specialized libraries or classes for this?

I thank you in advance for your answers

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all.

Please, read my "signature" first :)

Surely, someone more experienced than me about the mobile, has already addressed this issue.

What is the best way (rapid development) to manage the synchronization of a db between two Android devices (using B4A, of course) and without going through the internet (any server type)?

I intend to refer both to the medium (wifi-bluetooth-wifidirect) that the programming strategies (special fields in the db?).

Are there specialized libraries or classes for this?

I thank you in advance for your answers

Hi Luca,
but the RDC doesn't require internet or I'm wrong ?

Upvote 0

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Could be an Idea.
But I think that it's a complicated procedure.
For example :

If two users make changes to the same information how do you handle this (for example a catalog update) ?

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Could be an Idea.
But I think that it's a complicated procedure.
For example :

If two users make changes to the same information how do you handle this (for example a catalog update) ?

My app has no great pretensions, the alignment must not be instantaneous.

However, in each line of text, I'll put the date and time of the change.

For my purpose, this will be enough.

Upvote 0