Share My Creation Test app: I/O made easy with the USB Serial library

Yes B4A is seriously awesome:
So thanks to @DonManfred I decided to brake out my old EPoS equipment to play about with the USB Serial library 2.0. With a quick hint from @Dman about storing the logo, everything came together relatively quickly. A few years ago I created a Windows program that prints a receipt (without logo), Opened a cash drawer and printed to a pole display (see bottom image), so now I've created an Android app that does the same thing.

BTW the same codes works with the Serial Library for Bluetooth printing and opening the cash drawer.

Test app - Not for the public
Screenshot_2015-05-28-16-28-10.jpg

IMG_20150528_000420.jpg

IMG_20150521_214847_nopm_.jpg

Last edited:

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am sure this is extremely usefull for many of us . Some of my friends suggested me many applications that could use your app .

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Cheers @merlin2049er.
I deliberately used those cables so that users can see how I connected it.

1st cable from my tablet is called an OTG adapter. It can be purchased relatively cheaply from eBay. The OTG adapter is just an Micro USB to SSB adapter.
2nd cable from the OTG adapter is called a USB to RS232 serial adapter. The adapters that I use are based on the PL2303 circuit, they work with Windows and Android.
3rd cable is just a 9 pin to 25 pin serial converter lead, you can also use a small adapter to do the same job.

I've also written a portable Bluetooth printer version, but I'm waiting for the printer to be delivered before I can test it. I can't see the code not working though.

Cheers...

merlin2049er

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just wondering if you could get some sort of bluetooth adapter to turn that into a bluetooth serial printer.

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have this printer @Peter Simpson. It's an awesome one. Simple and easy to use.i have printed to it sucessfully via bluetooth. But not yet via usb.