Android Question Test device with external storage?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by schemer, Mar 3, 2015.

1. schemer

schemer Active Member Licensed User

I like to be able to test my app (way before it is ever released) in bits and pieces and I have purchased a Nexus 7 tablet for that reason. I also have my Razr Maxx HD 32GB phone. What I didn't realize (I'm a noob), that my phone has no option for external storage and neither does the Nexus 7 I purchased yesterday and will arrive later this week. I want/need a device with external storage for testing and will buy whatever I need within reason. What would be a good cheap phone/tablet that has external storage option? Or will this trick be enough to test as external:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/no-microsd-card-slot-on-the-nexus-7-no-problem/

Thanks,
    schemer

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

What do you need the external storage for?

3. schemer

I might not need it after all. NJDude was helping me in another thread and I guess I got internal and external storage mixed up. He said external storage is not supported. I was thinking the SD slot on the device was needed to store something I was having trouble accessing with DirDefaultExternal.
    Thanks,
    schemer

4. NJDude

NJDude Expert Licensed User

Just for future reference,, DirDefaultExternal points to the INTERNAL SD Card.

schemer likes this.
  5. schemer

Thank you. Soon (I hope) I will no longer be a noob at this. :cool:
    schemer

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice