"... best economy today and in the future. "

hahahahahahahahaha!!!😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣
1618715134439.png

not yet, but certainly in the future

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For us, Terminator doesn’t say: “hasta la vista, baby”. He says: “sayonara baby” in the film.
And when in a english spoken film the actors speak spanish (i.e. “Modern family”), sometimes we dub in italian.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Being placed at number 9, the Portuguese language was once at number 6.
This was due to 2 things;
Brasil - in Brasil they speak a spinned Portuguese... (funny enough, the Portuguese and Brazilian government have set a few orthograph agreements, and most of them just distort the basic original Portuguese language in favor of the Brazilian flavor)
The ancient Portuguese Colonies (PALOP - African Countries with Portuguese as official language), such as Angola, Timor or even Macau ( now under Chinese control)

You are correct, we, Portuguese, do understand about 70% to 80% of was spannish say (we deliberately make the effort to) but the reverse is also inversely true... Spannish understand 0% to 25% of Portuguese... they just don't care.

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are correct, we, Portuguese, do understand about 70% to 80% of was spannish say (we deliberately make the effort to) but the reverse is also inversely true... Spannish understand 0% to 25% of Portuguese... they just don't care
Yes, I agree. We're neighbours and we don't know almost anything about you. Even the news barely talk about Portugal...

There's an old joke here, something like this (probably lost some of the funny part with the translatation)
"There was two guys sitting in the outside of small village, and a foreing guy arrive in a motorbike. He stops by the two guys and ask:
- Excuse me, do you speak English?
- Quéeeeeee? (whaaat?)
- Parlez-vous français ?
- Qué dices? (what do you say?)
- Parla italiano?
- No entiendo (I don't understand)
- Sprechen Sie Deutsch?
- Que dices hombre? (what do you say man?)

Then, the guy surrenders and go away.

One of the man say to the other one:
- It's very important to know languages
And the other one replies:
- Don't you see what this man has been good for?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The punch line would be...
"What benefit did he got of knowing 4 languages?"

I get that here in France too...
When I first got here it was very difficult to make myself understood as my French was very very very limited... and when I tried speaking in English.... no one seemed to understand me either...

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No joke. I really did an online class on B4A in Mandarin yesterday
That's great. Can we hear a small part in Mandarin?

By the way, why after the class in Mandarin you all type in the chat in English? Just curiosity

Num3

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am not good in writing Chinese but I can speak. I didn’t manage to record the session. My teaching material is in English.
C'mom modern Chinese is just around 3500 characters, start training that writing! 🤪