Wish The ability to change the view type

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

First of all, I've been here for a long time, since we had only B4Ppc... and has been a privilege to tag along with you in this company's journey. Like most of us, I can't even grasp the knowledge needed to develop all these tools, or how in this world do you find the time to sleep and be a family man.
Like in Ceaser's time, "We that are about to Code, salute you!!!"

My wish is simple, but it may as well be the most complicated to add...
Every now and then, when designing a new GUI, I find myself in the need to replace a cluster of views by another type... Like placing a bunch of buttons and then find that an imageview would be much more suitable...
In the views properties we can see the view's type, but we cannot change it, so my wish it just that, the ability to change a view's type thus avoiding all the delete/add/rename/customize sequence

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Changing the views type is problematic, especially if you want to do it to multiple views at once. The type is not a property like other properties (it is not a property at all).

If you are adventurous then you can convert the layout file to JSON and then use a text editor to change the type of the views: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/41623/#content