Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Icon.png

Game

The Contract - O contrato

Hi all.
I'm working with some Brazilian friends to develop a horror game b4a, b4i and b4j.
This game its based on images, sounds, animations and tons of edits in Photoshop.
for now i m working at the map, room transitions etc...
I started the game for android, but now decided to do it first for PC, it is easier to test and then convert to android and ios.

About
the objective of the game is to discover the mysteries of a house. The player will have to find items, keys, open doors, and uncover some secrets.

In the game the player must escape from demons, make quick actions such as pressing keys or click on something on the screen quickly.

the game will scare when the player least expect you will hear screams, whispers, messages etc ..

images
contrato.jpg contrato2.jpg contrato3.jpg contrato4.jpg contrato5.jpg contrato6.jpg contrato7.jpg

libs used
AudioClip - @stevel05
Transitions and Animations Libs - @jmon
MediaView - @icefairy333
Libs of b4j - @Erel
(many thx for the libs)

Progress
20%

Team
Douglas Farias - Programmer/Animations
Matheus Verissimo - Designer

Versions
PC = 20%
ANDROID = 20%
IOS = 0%

Language (for now its only in portuguese, but later will have a english version)
Portuguese
English

Download
http://iddesenvolvimento.com.br/apps/ocontrato/contrato.jar

Ps: the game its under development, have bugs and its not done, i will update this thread when have new updates.

any idea or suggestion is welcome.

PS: the video its not the real game video, the video of this example download its only a sample to test videoview.
many thx

Last edited:

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm going to try it now! :)
How are you rendering the 3D environments?

EDIT: Alright, I've tried it and I must really say CONGRATULATIONS, you guys have really nailed it in terms of game design! It's really atmospheric and well constructed. Good use of sound and animation! Keep it up!

Last edited:

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
looks nice. will it be something like "escape the room" game?

I believe it is like that.
during the game will have several objectives, locked doors and some more complex goals.

the game will have 2 floors and also a cellar in the basement things will change sounds etc ...
during the game may appear 7 different demons, each different demon the player will have to do some different movement or press any key quickly etc ...

behind the game there is a great story, we intend to continue the story with another character in the contract 2 we intend to do in future unity 3d.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe it is like that.
during the game will have several objectives, locked doors and some more complex goals.

the game will have 2 floors and also a cellar in the basement things will change sounds etc ...
during the game may appear 7 different demons, each different demon the player will have to do some different movement or press any key quickly etc ...

behind the game there is a great story, we intend to continue the story with another character in the contract 2 we intend to do in future unity 3d.

sounds good but in what platform are u going to offer that game?
will it be for desktop? (since u r using b4j)

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
sounds good but in what platform are u going to offer that game?
will it be for desktop? (since u r using b4j)
will be android, ios and pc, i m making to pc first because its easy to code, make the animations and test.
later done the game i will make a demo first and a complete game to sell. (i will not use ads)

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
will be android, ios and pc, i m making to pc first because its easy to code, make the animations and test.
later done the game i will make a demo first and a complete game to sell. (i will not use ads)

Congrats ! looks nice. How do you draw environments without unity3d ? ( i mean the room for example and 3d objects ? )

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Congrats ! looks nice. How do you draw environments without unity3d ? ( i mean the room for example and 3d objects ? )
this game its based only on images made with photoshop, my friend its making this, total of 27 images (19 rooms) + 7 another places.