The Final Chapter in B4X...my wish..please Erel..pretty Please ;)

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Now taking the time to recover from the long time spent on a project and discovering this thread.
@Erel: girl's point of view => the new IDE is more in the style editors do the things those days but it seems less solid
BTW, guys do enjoy, so we must adapt

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
She just want more spoilers in rose colors :D

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
What do you mean with "seems less solid"? Please elaborate...
It is only a feeling. The feeling that the IDE is more brittle. But it was only my feeling.
It's only a taste : on your video, when you move the code module from one side, the code modules seem to be sheets instead of parts of the IDE, etc.

She just want more spoilers in rose colors
Roo Manfred :D

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I work daily with: Visual Studio, Eclipse, Xcode, AppCode (an alternative iOS IDE) and of course the current B4X IDE.

The new IDE is going to be a top level IDE. Performance, features and looks are going to be great. Really :)
I'm sure that not everything will be perfect in the first version (or the tenth version) however the new framework and IDE engine are much more powerful and will provide a better platform for advanced features with good performance.

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sure that not everything will be perfect in the first version (or the tenth version) however the new framework and IDE engine are much more powerful and will provide a better platform for advanced features with good performance.
That doesn't really matter since B4X has the best support anyone could hope for. Keep up the excellent work @Erel ;)

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Would love to see a Yosemite theme for the IDE ;)

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Where is the good old b4a's IDE gone... :eek: (kidding but still convinced that look makes it cheaper than the existing one)

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Tease tease tease tease tease tease and tease again. But it is looking rather good @Erel, I'll give you that much and no more until I get my grubby little mitts (fingers) on a copy of it :)

The 6 tabs on the bottom right are looking nice and tidy too. I think that I've guessed what they all are from their first letters and icons.

BTW the Debug 'Jump' options just right of Run button are looking rather tasty I must say :D

Last edited:

narek adonts

Licensed User
Longtime User
The new IDE looks really great. But I think an important option for iOS developers will be to access Hosted Builder from the IDE to be able to upload 3rd party libraries and use them. Without this b4i will be really limited. Please consider it.

Narek

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
But I think an important option for iOS developers will be to access Hosted Builder from the IDE to be able to upload 3rd party libraries and use them. Without this b4i will be really limited. Please consider it.
You should post suggestions in the correct forum. Also note that this specific feature is only relevant to the hosted builder, not B4i itself.

narek adonts

Licensed User
Longtime User
Will move this post to suggestions.
But for a lot of users b4i is based on hosted builder as they are developing on windows and without the ability to upload libraries to the hosted builder a lot of open source libraries are not available for the users of B4i. Thats why I think it is relevant for b4i. But anyway B4X is really great !!! )))