iOS Question The following build commands failed: CodeSign Payload/xxx.app

schimanski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Suddenly, it is not possible to install my app on my phone. In debug and release, I get the following error in the textfile. I had the same problem a few day ago, but with downloading the certs an provision-files, i got it at work. Now, it doesn't. I use the hosted builder and I also wait for a few hours, if the tokens are rejected....

Edit:

I have changed the pushadhoc.mobileprovision with a provision-file from another app and the app will be installed. So it has to be a problem with the provision-file.

Attachments

• error.txt
    170.9 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:

netkomm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

could you delete (not just to the bin) all the certificates from the builder?

In the meantime I am also trying with the builder on my mac (but have other issues I post in another thread)

Upvote 0

valentino s

Licensed User
Longtime User
The same happens to me, sometimes. So.
1) 26.5.2016 hour 18:30 (not exactly, rome +1 gmt)
a) I log in as developer
b) I create an app id
c) i create a distribution profile
d) i download, try to compile, same error
In build configurations I've entered the package name incorrectly, or added "#provisionfile xxx " with xxx with some letters uppercase instead o lowercase.
Corrected, doesnt' work.

2) 26.5.2016 hour 18:49 works
a) i repeat the steps creating a second app id and a second distribution profile (named 2)
b) all the other steps are the same
c) installed, compiled, works.

Just to test now I've repeated step one and it works fine. (!)

the log:
B4X:
Signing Identity:  "iPhone Distribution: iusondemand srl (.......)"
Provisioning Profile: "iusondemandapp"
  (xxxsomethingxx)

/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign xxxonesequence --keychain <user id> --entitlements /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/IusOnDemand.app.xcent --timestamp=none /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/IusOnDemand.app
xxxthesamesequence : no identity found
Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
   CodeSign Payload/IusOnDemand.app
(1 failure)

As I've written, now the 2 distribution profiles work both of them.

The message "no identity found" raise up if Apple doesn't confirm the identity ?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The message "no identity found" raise up if Apple doesn't confirm the identity ?
It is not related to Apple. It seems like there are cases where the build keychain is not updated immediately. It will always start to work again after an hour or two as all keychains are deleted.

Upvote 0

valentino s

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use the same development profile with wildcard for all my ios apps for weeks without problems. Finally, before uploading to apple, i manually switch to the distribution profile, that has a different filename and a specific name (no more com.myname.* but com.myname.myappname), that I create few minutes before.

I'll try more detailed tests.

Update:

I usually manually specify my development profile:
#ProvisionFile: development.mobileprovision
It's a strange behaviour, i could set the default name, but this is the way I usually do. Perhaps it is useful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

valentino s

Licensed User
Longtime User
Once again, the same problem.
I usually develop an app using a generic development file provisioning.
When I have to send to the store I create a new app id and a new distribution provisioning file.

Yesterday I try to compile, same error.

So I've taken an old app already distributed, and compiled again with old provisioning files. Works.

So I wait until today. I compile the new app, same error.

I try once again the old app, it works.

So I create a new AD HOC provisioning file on Apple, I install, I compile, it works.

THEN I change che provisioning file to the previous one. I compile, it works.

Does the solution is trying to remote compile with an ad hoc provisioning file and then a new attempt with a distribution provisioning file :) ?

History:
first attempt failed:
#CertificateFile: ios_distribution.cer
#ProvisionFile:emozionarte.mobileprovision

second attempt ok:
#ProvisionFile:emozionarteadhoc.mobileprovision

third attempt ok:
#ProvisionFile:emozionarte.mobileprovision

It seems (not sure) it happens when i create a new distribution provisioning file and I immediatly use it to remote compile my app.

Before all of these attempts I try to remotly compile the app for release with the general development provisioning file. I know it's a mistake, however I do it frequently.

v.

Thanks

Upvote 0