Android Question This is not really a question more of a Thanks!

Lary Yenta

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi folks,

First of all, while I have worked a lot developing databases for Windows, this is my first attempt to do the same for Android. I was somewhat intimidated at first but the community here has been great! No, strike that, the community here has been FANTASTIC!

I needed to be able to work with 5 different tables inb the database and at first it was not clear to me how to do it. I looked through Klaus's EXCELLENT B4A Guide and when something wasn't clear, I would come here to read through the tutorials or some of the examples. I started using Klaus's SQLiteLight examples as a starting point and went from there. About 2 hours ago, I have my data entry screens almost complete; I realize that I still have quite a bit more to do BUT I am truly pumped by this language!

This week, I will be showing my first prototype of the application to a group of diabetes educators. I wanted to thank some of the folks here for all the help! First of all, Erel, B4A is a fantastic product and something that has made programming fun for me again! Klaus, you ROCK dude! Excellent Guide and really great examples. Mashiane, I am going through your stuff right now to see if I can get some graphs working for my meeting this week!

Well, it is late and I am getting tired, for people who are struggling, read through the Guide, it really is great to get you knowing the basics. i know that I will have a crapton more questions but I am really enjoying this! Thanks again folks!!!

Cheers,

Lary

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
wich diabetics type group are you targeting?
My daughter is a type 1 diabetic since 4 yo...
I would be interested in helping out in testing...

Upvote 0

Lary Yenta

Licensed User
Longtime User
Cableguy,

Of course, I would LOVE for your daughter to try out the App! Like I said, I still have a bunch of things to do but I will keep you posted as to how the demo goes and how things are coming along. Not sure if you know but I had to have about half of my left foot amputated because of my diabetes (the amputation happened because I did not monitor myself closely enough). Learning B4A is really a salvation for me because it keeps me occupied and it keeps my mind working.

I will send you a private message just to get the ball rolling!

Cheers,

Lary

Upvote 0