This site teaches a lot of things ...

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
upload_2016-10-24_7-38-58.png

So something named "MS Edge" exists; this is not a very useful news for me... I don't remember when I've used IE last time (I was a child, I think) :D

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think this is an Edge only problem. It's been happening for years with several browsers.

The so called hidden char that needs to be removed (you'll notice it when the cursor dissapears when moving in a line that gives errors)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wrote that post only to say that I did not know the existence of a "new" MS browser (now I know it is installed with Windows 10, then is not so new) and that I don't love MS browsers. I'm not saying that these kind of problems exist only with MS products.

IE was one of the worst browsers (perhaps the worst ever).

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it still is, it's even worse in usage than the non-Edge ones. :)

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My experience by trial and error.
I copy the code text on Notepad then from there to B4X.
Give it a shot.

fixit30

Licensed User
Longtime User
A true developer doesn't copy and paste someone else's code, they read and understand and write their own!

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A true developer doesn't copy and paste someone else's code, they read and understand and write their own!

If you're commenting on what I said above, then sorry I didn't say I am a true programmer to anyone.
But never mind everyone makes a mistake.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think this is an Edge only problem. It's been happening for years with several browsers.
I'm not sure that this is the same issue. The MS Edge issue is relatively new (few weeks) and it is confusing as the code looks correct in the IDE.

There are cases where developers are expected to copy a code snippet from the tutorial. For example with Firebase integration.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel
Also when real developers wrap third party libraries or make new versions of others' games. No one today is working from scratch.

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
LOL, keep the timeline, make the customer happy and see the other 300 things in front of me. We have a saying... Does it work? DON'T TOUCH IT! :confused::confused::confused::confused: