B4J Question timing issue on forms

rspitzer

When my program starts, I display startup information in separate forms. The issue I am having is understanding the timing relationship of displaying data on the forms and actually having the forms show the data. To try to make this a bit clearer, the first form that is opened, just has a label letting the user know its doing some file integrity checks, then the form is closed and a second form is opened initializing the serial port and some other stuff, letting the user know this process, then this form is closed and the main form of the program is opened. This issue is that the checks are very fast and the first and second forms don't appear really, the program goes directly to the final form. I can insert some sleep statements to display the first and second forms, but I think this may not really be the correct way of taking care of this issue. Is there a way to open a form, display it and wait for the processes within that form to complete?

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Forms has a showdialog method use that one instead of the show, that way the code following the statement will be executed until the form is closed

Upvote 0