Wish @todo

yfleury

Licensed User
Longtime User
In the code window, we could put a comment @todo to complete the code later.

B4X:
Sub Explorer

'comment a line
@todo Make sure to complete this sub

Label1.text="something"

@todo don't forget to put in label2 the version name off this app
Label2.text="version name"

End Sub

As for the log window, a Todo window would show links to the @todo in code window. Then we would be sure not to forget to finish coding a function.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can right-click on a line of code (even a comment that describes what ToDo) and select "Toggle Bookmark".

Then on the IDE's right-side "Modules" tab it will list all your bookmarks and you can jump to each of them.

rraswisak

Licensed User
As far as i know, we can set break-point at certain line of code and add some remarkable message. This break-point will appear in Modules Pane.
i know break-point for debugging purpose, but if there were better approach - that would be nice

yfleury

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can right-click on a line of code (even a comment that describes what ToDo) and select "Toggle Bookmark".

Then on the IDE's right-side "Modules" tab it will list all your bookmarks and you can jump to each of them.

I unknow this bookmarks option. Good thing. That's what I need. For my project that have near 5000 lines, that be usefull.

You make my day! Thanks

yfleury

Licensed User
Longtime User
After several tests with the bookmark, here are my observations.

1) In the Modules tab, the bookmark only displays the name of the sub and link to line code.

2) only one bookmark per sub is displayed in Modules tab even if there are several in a sub

3) a bookmark is indicated for the few sub on which we work frequently.

My wish for a the todo list is meant to remember things to do. The todo tab is a special comment that looks like the log tab by having a part of the text and a direct link to the line of code.

B4X:
'@todo Make change to this sub to include a wait for

Last edited:

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I previously posted a wish to allow us to rename each bookmark so we can see the difference between bookmarks and allow us to sort them alphabetically (by specifying the first character of the bookmark name to the desired priority).

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/allow-users-to-edit-bookmark-names-on-modules-tab.104923/

And renaming it could also allow you to include a few notes in it.

But I only got one like :(

Actually, I just came up with another idea for bookmarks and will post a new "wish" thread of it shortly...