Share My Creation Tourist Attraction & Event Guide

This is the latest version of an app I started last year. Essentially it is a tourist guide to the Lake District, Cumbria in the UK.

on google play here

It uses various functionality and libraries

* GPS for attractions nearest to location
* FTP for regular updates
* JSON for data files
* ABZIP updates
* OSMGDROID for maps

So my thanks goes to all those library developers make my life easier & also Erel for coming up with a great tool.

I have just finished the tablet version also, the next task is to get both version into 1 app.

Attachments

• GreatDaysOut1.jpg
    GreatDaysOut1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 7,843
  • GreatDaysOut2.jpg
    GreatDaysOut2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 551
  • GreatDaysOut4.jpg
    GreatDaysOut4.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 536
  • tablet_1.jpg
    tablet_1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 523

jmon

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice! I like the tablet version.

May I ask how you proceed for the list of events and attractions? Is there an online database? If yes, which host?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

Marke

Licensed User
Longtime User
The lists are populated with json data, they are local to the app, but I use ftp to check for updates on the app startup. I didn't want the app to rely on an internet connection for use.

Pleased you like the app. Specially the tablet version my favourite to. This was a cut n paste job from the mobile version. Do intend to get both into one, but have other projects in mind first!

ElFeo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great work!

I REALLY like your app. I like the color, fonts, layout, etc. GREAT gui work.
This is the kind of thing I hope to be able to do someday. I just got started but seeing stuff like this is motivational. I am more of a graphics guy so those are the things I appreciate more.

Marke

Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks for all the positive feedback, Basic4android is a great tool for developing app's.

It has taken a while to get to where I am now but I am still learning (when time allows!). But must say the Great Days Out app would be nowhere without Erel developing B4A and the library developers who make life easier for my simple brain to work with.

I have looked at Corona SDK, Gideros and other tools but they are mainly based around game development. As I am a BASIC/VB developer anyway Basic4android was the way forward for me, all we need now is Basic4iphone!

Marke

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the positive post... I have a demo app somewhere with some sample code, I will try and hunt it down and post a link to it.

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks for all the positive feedback, Basic4android is a great tool for developing app's.

It has taken a while to get to where I am now but I am still learning (when time allows!). But must say the Great Days Out app would be nowhere without Erel developing B4A and the library developers who make life easier for my simple brain to work with.

I have looked at Corona SDK, Gideros and other tools but they are mainly based around game development. As I am a BASIC/VB developer anyway Basic4android was the way forward for me, all we need now is Basic4iphone!

We have "Basic4iphone" Already - Its B4I Check it out