Wish Tutorial about how to make app with live video streams from the net

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In a recent thread it surfaced that we have two experts (*) in the forum when it comes to putting live video streams in apps: @Syd Wright and @drgottjr . (The working theory is that they are twins, separated at birth. The results of the DNA tests are not in yet, I'll update this post once they are.)

It sure would be nice if we had a small tutorial on how to solve things related to this quite specific area. We do get questions in the forum now and then on how to do this, and a small tutorial would go a long way in helping the community. It could be as simple as a series of one-liners with "do-things-like-this" and another series of one-liners with "never-ever-do-things-like-this".

(And to be super clear, I'm not really talking about the user interface surrounding this, we have lots to read in the forum about that. I'm talking about things like how to find urls to the streams, how to handle if the urls change over time, what to do with the urls once you have them, how to actually show the stream to the user, etc.)

So my wish is that either @Syd Wright or @drgottjr, or preferably both together, write such a tutorial. :)

* I'm sure we have more experts on this topic, but I don't know of them, feel free to give a shout in this thread if you are one, or know of one - the more the merrier

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
PS: I have always been curious who the guy on your avatar is. Using Google image search I have discovered that it must be the French-American painter, sculptor, chess player, and writer: young Marcel Duchamp, ha ha. I guess you are a fan of his :)
Please start a new thread for this. ;) (But you are absolutely correct.)

FrankDev

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

what about FB Videos ?

regards frank

B4X:
https://www.facebook.com/StrombergSerie/videos/10157312469728119/