iOS Question udid.io secure connection

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm following Erel's tutorial on getting started with B4i and specifically the udid.io process of installing a profile. I cannot install the temporary profile because I get a msg saying the App Transport Security policy requires the use of a secure connection. What do I have to configure on my iPad to achieve this?

Thanks...

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am newbie too in B4i. It seems as I have read in the forums that the App Transport Security or ATS is a feature introduced in iOS 10+ (if I remember correctly) which forces the app to use only https://... (secure connections). Safari is ATS enabled and get.udid.io is only http://... . You can find it in B4i in the begginning of the project as ATSEnabled: True/False. Did you manage to install B4i bridge and connect to it correctly? I didn't manage to do so yet (it is installed but the IDE does not connect to the B4i bridge)...

Upvote 0

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I was able to install the bridge and get a test iOS project to connect to it and start up in debug mode.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
What is your iPhone model and iOS version?

Upvote 0

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm using an iPad. This morning I notice that the bridge isn't working correctly like it was yesterday. Yesterday it worked perfectly every time. This morning is isn't working and I have to take it out of memory and restart it. It's a hit and miss using it this morning. I'm not sure why.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks like an epidemic. It might be contagious... You may have caught it from me... Which iPad do you use? And which iOS does it run on?

Edit - Wow!!! New skill for me. Homeopathy in logic. I am always impressed.
Edit 2 - I double the always impressed. Don't thank the opinion maker...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…