Wish Unit Testing

PawelS

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there any unit testing feature planned for b4a ?

The code could be converted to java and then executed on the host pc. A simple runner could be added to the IDE or even as a separate software (it could even be console based) which would execute only selected test Subs and return the results.
I know there are workaorunds, but it would be great if we could test non-gui-related logic in classes or subs without the need of using emulator or actual device.

Or maybe somebody has invented a way to do this using what we have - If yes, please share your experience.

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User

PawelS

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel is right ... that is not what I meant.

There is a workaround that I use. I make separate class modules to do the testing and just execute them instead of the full app on the device getting test results in the log - then I comment out the test execution when I test the whole app itself. Then the test class can be removed in the app release version.

I just though there is a way to execute the code (only logic to be tested, not related to UI, activities etc.) on the PC without the need to connect to the device - but as Erel explained - it is not possible.

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
How are these links related to: "The code could be converted to java and then executed on the host pc." ?

No related, just pointing to ways to do unit testing. A modern developer indeed needs unit testing, version control, crash analytics,scrum etc. Without that it's hard to make customers happpy

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…