Wish Unit Testing

PawelS

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there any unit testing feature planned for b4a ?

The code could be converted to java and then executed on the host pc. A simple runner could be added to the IDE or even as a separate software (it could even be console based) which would execute only selected test Subs and return the results.
I know there are workaorunds, but it would be great if we could test non-gui-related logic in classes or subs without the need of using emulator or actual device.

Or maybe somebody has invented a way to do this using what we have - If yes, please share your experience.

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User

PawelS

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel is right ... that is not what I meant.

There is a workaround that I use. I make separate class modules to do the testing and just execute them instead of the full app on the device getting test results in the log - then I comment out the test execution when I test the whole app itself. Then the test class can be removed in the app release version.

I just though there is a way to execute the code (only logic to be tested, not related to UI, activities etc.) on the PC without the need to connect to the device - but as Erel explained - it is not possible.

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
How are these links related to: "The code could be converted to java and then executed on the host pc." ?

No related, just pointing to ways to do unit testing. A modern developer indeed needs unit testing, version control, crash analytics,scrum etc. Without that it's hard to make customers happpy :)