Android Question Update from b4a v10.50 to v11.00

awama

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I have now updated from B4A v10.50 to v11.00 and I now have the following problem:

No matter which app source code I want to compile, I always get an abort when compiling with the message "Part of the path" C:\b4aProjectname\Objects\gen\packagename1\packagename2" could not be found.

I have downloaded:

resources_06_21
commandlinetools-win-6609375_latest

and copied it to the Android folder!

What could be the problem or does anyone else have this problem?

best regards

MikeSW17

Licensed User
Your description of How you've updated the required resources and Android SDK Command line tools is rather vague.
Have you extracted the ZIPs using 7-Zip?
It is essential to follow the instructions very carefully: https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html and Don't windows built-in extract (corrupts folder structure).
Usually, it's best to delete the old folder structure and re-create as per the instructions, unless you have have extensively used SDK manager for features your App(s) need, beyond the core B4A needs.

Upvote 0

awama

Licensed User
Longtime User
ad Erel:
B4A Version: 11.00
Parsing code. (0.21s)
Java Version: 11
Building folders structure. (0.49s)
Compiling code. (0.19s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.07s)
Organizing libraries. (0.00s)
(AndroidX SDK)
Compiling resources (24.95s)
Linking resources (4.58s)
Compiling generated Java code. Error
Ein Teil des Pfades "C:\Users\km\Desktop\Dateiler\Objects\gen\awm\fone\dateiler" konnte nicht gefunden werden.
'--------
(Package: awm.fone , Projectname: Dateiler)

ad: MikeSW17

I extracted the zip files with 7zip and copied them to the newly created Android folder. Renewed the setting of the paths. But the result is the same.

In the original source project created with v10.50 the folder ".../(b4aProjectname) Dateiler/Objects/gen/" is always empty. But now folders are missing here...

Upvote 0

awama

Licensed User
Longtime User
... anti-virus ... I will look into this

But which files and folders should be included in "Objects/gen" ?

Upvote 0

Alan Doucet

Licensed User
My experience. I did not use 7-zip going from 9.something to 11.0 and had very unusual results. Files appeared to be in place but b4a said they were missing during run/compile. Reinstalled using 7-zip and all was correct when performing run/compile. Thank you Erel and all who participated in this post. Take away, when Erel says to specifically do or use something concerning b4a take the advise. Now if I could only learn to take direction from my wife I'd truly be a happy man, she also is usually correct.

Upvote 0