Android Question Updating App Google Play

Reinierus

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello. I made and published an app in Google Play and I need to make an update of my app. I need to erase the APK from de Google Developer Console and put the new one or there is another way to make it? How the android devices updates the app automatically?

Thanks a lot.

TomA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello. I made and published an app in Google Play and I need to make an update of my app. I need to erase the APK from de Google Developer Console and put the new one or there is another way to make it? How the android devices updates the app automatically?

Thanks a lot.
In B4A, open the app. The current version appears under "Project Attributes" as "#VersionCode" and, if it is still the same as your original version, it probably shows "1". For the update, simply change this to the next higher integer (if it is "1", change it to "2") then upload the updated version. Users with your app installed will then get the updates automatically. For updated versions, you may also want to change the "#VersionName" for each update to something meaningful to you just to keep track of what you updated.

Upvote 0

Albert Lin

Licensed User
Longtime User
In B4A, open the app. The current version appears under "Project Attributes" as "#VersionCode" and, if it is still the same as your original version, it probably shows "1". For the update, simply change this to the next higher integer (if it is "1", change it to "2") then upload the updated version. Users with your app installed will then get the updates automatically. For updated versions, you may also want to change the "#VersionName" for each update to something meaningful to you just to keep track of what you updated.
I changed the VersionCode from 3 to 4, but My users with my app installed couldn't get the updates automatically. Do I have to also change VersionName?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My users with my app installed couldn't get the updates automatically
It will need some hours to progress at google.... Sometimes 24h

Upvote 0