Android Question Urgent - Can't install anything with any way.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear all,

I am facing a problem. I can't install anything in B4A 9.00.
I get the following error:

B4X:
B4A Version: 9.00
Parsing code.    (0.06s)
Building folders structure.    (0.19s)
Compiling code.    (0.07s)

ObfuscatorMap.txt file created in Objects folder.
Compiling layouts code.    (0.01s)
Organizing libraries.    (0.02s)
Generating R file.    (0.80s)
Compiling generated Java code.    (3.01s)
Convert byte code - optimized dex.    (10.79s)
    Optimized dexer failed. Switching to Standard dexer.
Packaging files.    (1.77s)
Copying libraries resources    (0.06s)
    Found 8 resource files.
Signing package file (private key).    (2.15s)
ZipAlign file.    (0.24s)
Installing file to device.    Error
The system cannot find the file specified

What I did is that I downloaded the SDKManager 3.35 and installed with it what was suggested. Tried to check the creation of a wear OS emulator - got an error saying Device definition not found: Wear OS Square - as seen in following image (I had installed the wear OS image) and tried to install the china wear OS image also to see if it will work. It didn't.

upload_2019-5-9_15-22-56.png

This might not be the case though. What I did next was to create a program to check if my phone has been hacked because I would like to check if notifications are automatically deleted. So I created a program with notification listener and TTS to speak notifications to me and tried to install it. Immediately my computer started to go nuts and the hard disk started to work continuously and I was unable to install it. I pressed the compile though and the process timed out (3 times that I tried). I decided to wait for my hard disk to calm and when I tried to install the program it seemed that the program was installed (but it did not function as expected) but I never got the message of successful installation from B4A. I tried again and again and B4A has stack in the installing to device and timed out all the times. I rebooted the phone and the same thing happened. I rebooted also my computer and since then I get all the times the previous message in code part.

What may have gone wrong? Wicked phone, wicked computer or totally wicked hackers that do not deserve to be called humans?

Thanks

Edit: I also tried with B4A Bridge - no luck

Last edited:

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I still have no luck. I deleted the SDK totally and reinstalled it but no luck.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sounds like you did not setup your SDK correctly. Or you did not configured the IDE correctly to use the new one.

You can find the Setup-Instructions here. https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html
You also can watch this Video as it describes it clearly.

Start with a new Blank folder like you see in the Video.

Alternatively you can use the ReadyToRunSDK

Last edited:
Upvote 0