usable screen area

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello All,
So I can position panels properly, I would like to know the usable screen size.

I see the function GetDeviceLayoutValues, and this returns 480x800 as it should. But there are title and status bars at the top of the screen. This reduces my usable area. I find the usable height to be somewhere around 725 pixels not 800.

The upper left-hand location of the usable area is 0, 0. The usable height, however, is only about 725 pixels. If I want to place a 50 pixel high panel at the bottom, I need to know what the screen height really is or a portion of my panel will be off the screen.

Are the status bar and title fixed heights - the heights don't change based on the device? at which point I can just subtract this from the device height.

Is there a function which returns the dimensions of the usable window? or the dimensions of the status bar and title?

Thanks,
Barry.

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
With Activity.Height you get the user area height.

Best regards.

Thanks.

Is this in the documentation?

If I look in the B4A help viewer for "activity", the first thing that pops up is "core". This then goes to a section that lists keywords, but does not really mention "activity".

If I scroll down a ways, I get to layoutvalues and in there is a height. But, I don't see an activity object per se.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Barry.

Upvote 0

Rioven

Licensed User
Longtime User
Some display options from B4A IDE

I have found out that there are application display options from B4A IDE for your preference...

Project -> Activity Properties -> [ ]Full Screen ; [ ]Include Title

Rioven

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0