Android Question layout usable for B4A developers with no sight at all

B4A is so excellent programming tool. Even services are supported. Newest Android is supported. But still, it is not possible to create GUI if developer do not see at all. Sighted coder uses B4A designer. But visually impaired programmer can not see The layout on The screen. As A result, visually impaired programmer can add button, editbox, ETC. But thanks to The absence of vision, programmer with no sight at all can not correctly position every GUI element on The screen.
But it is possible to code readable GUI on Android.
Not extremely nice GUI, but all textual objects information are readable.
So if Button will contain text play, stop, ETC, those textual information will be readable and those buttons are really clickable.

What about allowing programmer to use
AWLinearLayout.VERTICAL
What about allowing WRAP_CONTENT,?
Try to imagine, that visually impaired coder want to create more than 2 GUi elements on The screen.
If The width and other position related information of every GUI element will be The same. Sighted person can not click to such objects.
And many objects with The same position values can cause Android crash message.

I believe, that there is An chance to allow even visually impaired B4A programmers with no sight at all to produce readable GUIS.

Thank you for your time and for your patience.

When I have found out, how B4A is reliable, low memory consuming, stable, it is more and more sad for Me to accept The sad fact, that I can not create rreadable GUI.

toby

Licensed User
Longtime User
Common talking display tools blind programmers use read code one line at a time and I don't think that they could read B4X layout files.

Nobody is perfect, so work on your strengths (writing codes), not your weaknesses (gui design). Instead of requesting for B4A to become blind-programmers friendly, you should focus on writing codes and ask some forum members to design the layout for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dear toby, I will follow your recommedation. You have 100 % right. I will create some B4A project and I will kindly ask forum members for tuning GUi so it will be usable. And it is true that I should focus rather on coding logic, I whould deeply study various B4A libraryes and create functioning code first. And creting GUI is not main programmer task. You can close this forum thread and I will follow your good advice.

Upvote 0

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
The whole design process is based on imagination, You can't design something without creating a blank canvas first.

The correct design process is first you have to know what you want to design, imagine it from scratch, then start the process.

If you are really interested in designing a great GUI then i would recommend that you learn photoshop, create a blank layer, then start the design.
Once you finish creating the design in photoshop, start applying/programming the design in B4X, this way you will be able to tell which colors to set, where to set the fields, how to resize them, etc...

B4X, Android Studio, Flutter , Xamarin ,etc... all of these tools give you the basic design tools like a Layout, Designer, Coding the controls on runtime, etc... and the rest is on you.

With that being said, there is no such thing as "developers with no sight at all", it's either you want to make an effort to create a really great GUI or not.

Upvote 0