Using a 2.9 inch E-Paper Display with ARDUINO

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
No, my phone can't find the WIFI module but when I use this simple little program, it finds it.
And I too, I had only changed the SSID and password lines

Attachments

• AP_Mode.zip
    491 bytes · Views: 25

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
So I have fun with the EPaper ESP8266 LEDs and this in B4R

Attachments

• ESP8266_LEDs.zip
    893 bytes · Views: 26

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
I found in the B4R documentation this little B4R application which works very well with "EPaper ESP8266 Driver Board", my Smartphone finds "ESP" and connects without password.
Then I can display on the serial monitor the IP address by pressing the RESET button on the module

IPnumber.png

So, as I cannot obtain the same results with "Loader.ino", I think that either I did not understand all the manipulations that had to be carried out, or there is a bug in this application

Download the user manual

Video_E-paper_ESP8266_Driver_Board.mp4
In this video provided by Waveshare, there is a CPP module "srvr.h" on which you must modify the SSID and Password lines, but on the files provided for download, this module "srvr.h" does not exist and it is on the "Loader.ino" file itself that these lines are available. So there is something that does not match in the video demonstration

Attachments

• ESPConfigureWiFi.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am not sure where your problem is.
I re-ran the Loader.ino (with the changes I did in post #77 & #80) and my laptop and phone browsers can find it at the address I specified (192.168.0.189).

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
OK, so everything is working normally for you. The problem may be with my desktop PC, I will resume the tests with my laptop connected via WIFI

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
So, I installed ARDUINO IDE on my laptop, which took a long time since I had to install the necessary libraries and then I had an unrecognized port problem and I had to find the right drivers for it to work. The USB port where ESP8266 was connected is finally recognized. After all this, to my great surprise, the Arduino Loader.Ino sketch executed correctly and then the "EPaper ESP8266 module" was detected by my laptop and my Smartphone.

But now, if I can connect to the WIFI network of "EPaper ESP8266", I cannot download the html application because either my antivirus blocks me, or other technical reasons prevent my access to this application . But there is progress.

And I still don't understand why I couldn't get these results on my desktop PC. Thank you for encouraging me to find the probable reasons for the technical blockage.

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, I am getting confused.

Your home wifi network is called "EPaper ESP8266" ?

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, was just trying to clarify that it's not something just in the esp8266, it's actually what the router wifi was called.

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
Ok, was just trying to clarify that it's not something just in the esp8266, it's actually what the router wifi was called.
I'm struggling with my BitDefender antivirus which is evil and blocks everything, it even deleted zip files that I needed

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
My Smartphone disconnects too quickly from the ESP8266 Wifi, I don't even have time to open a browser with "http://192.168.4.22" because my Smartphone has already reconnected to my usual box. I don't know how you manage to get the html display integrated into the module

Last edited:

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just so I am sure
1, Your router wifi ssid is called "EPaperESP8266"
2, You power up the Esp and it connects to your wifi ok - serial monitor should say web server/service started
3, you open a browser "http://192.168.4.22"

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
Yes, all this is correct, my problem is that the connection to wifi of ESP8266 only lasts a few seconds and therefore I do not have time to open a browser. I have to turn off my box to prevent automatic reconnection too quickly but I will do it this evening because everything works on this box in the house...

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am still stuggling to visualise whats occuring.

You have two routers in your home, one has ssid "EPaperESP8266" the other is your 'normal' wifi ssid ?

You do not connect to the esp via wifi directly, you use your 'normal' wifi, the esp requests an ip address and you connect the phone to your 'normal' wifi and use the browser to navigate to "http://192.168.4.22"
1711036585590.png

Last edited:

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
No, I'm just trying to connect directly to the WIFI of "EPaperESP8266" but my router (my box) is disrupting this. So, tonight, I'm going to turn off the box so I can continue my connection tests.

SerialMonitorDisplay.png

Information displayed on the serial monitor when I press the RESET button on "EPaper ESP8266 Driver Board"​

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think I understand now - you took out the STA mode and are using AP mode instead.

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I will try putting mine into Ap mode.

As a thought, if your home wifi is 192.168... try using 10.0.0.22 on the esp

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
Sorry for not responding sooner.
I noticed that my tablet remains connected to EPaperESP8266 and so I had time to open a browser and type the address 192.168.4.22 and unfortunately I get the error message below:
NoConnection.jpg

Then I tried 10.0.0.22 and several other IP addresses but got the same response. So I remain "paralyzed"...
Thank you for your much appreciated help.