Using Java Libraries/Programs Directly Without Writing a Wrapper

ashchopra

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

This is a bit of a repetition from some posts by other and myself, but it may require another look so I am putting it up separately in a new thread as I guess it should be on the wish list !!

B4Android translates our VB like code to java and we finally get native code for running on the device.

If we need to use external java programs / libraries etc, we need to write a wrapper library using eclipse.

Is there any way that B4Android can directly access the java code (lets say as you could do in some other languages by passing inline assembly code to the compiler) This should be possible by some work around as B4Android finally translates everything to java.

This in one functionality that could really expand usability of B4Android !!

Anyone ??:sign0163:

Kiffi

Licensed User
Longtime User
plusone2pam1h.gif

Greetings Kiffi

Roger Garstang

Licensed User
Longtime User
+1 I do a lot in Reflection to get more advanced features, would be nice for some inline functionality and exposing of more internals without having to rely on reflection all the time. I noticed in the latest build a buildNativeView in my view method list that I don't remember seeing before...not sure what it does or how to use it, but it looks like something is in the works.

NeoTechni

Licensed User
Longtime User
It should be relatively easy

in between special comments, the Basic to Java converter just stops converting

'JAVASTART
example
'JAVAEND

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1 noticed in the latest build a buildNativeView in my view method list that I don't remember seeing before...not sure what it does or how to use it, but it looks like something is in the works.
I doubt it. It's called by any Basic4android view wrapper at layout time to do what it says on tin. I think Erel just forgot to annotate it with @BA.Hide

Roger Garstang

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ooops. I noticed it when I had grabbed the Beta for 1.92. I guess I should have said something then so it was corrected, but I didn't see it as a bug. I did get on the beta list now right? I noticed after I opened my big mouth about being able to get to the folder (where real and beta both were stored) that it is hidden now and only direct file access is allowed. Can't wait to play with the new Class stuff and whatever other goodies are in store.