Using Screen% in Designer

cyiwin

Licensed User
Longtime User
All this making one Designer Layout to fit all screen sizes stuff is hurting my head. Is there a way to use the Designer "Common properties" with %x and %y instead of physical pixels?

In other words, right now when I want to add a button or a label or something, I choose the positioning/size by filingl out Left,Top,Width and Height with "how many pixels", I want to use "how much screen %" instead.

Is there a designer script that will auto convert all of this for me?

Sorry if there is an obvious Designer option I'm missing....

mc73

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can use designerScripts in order to use %x, %y. I find it very useful.

Upvote 0

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
All this making one Designer Layout to fit all screen sizes stuff is hurting my head. Is there a way to use the Designer "Common properties" with %x and %y instead of physical pixels?

In other words, right now when I want to add a button or a label or something, I choose the positioning/size by filingl out Left,Top,Width and Height with "how many pixels", I want to use "how much screen %" instead.

Is there a designer script that will auto convert all of this for me?

Sorry if there is an obvious Designer option I'm missing....

Take a look at THIS tutorial.

Upvote 0

cyiwin

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can use designerScripts in order to use %x, %y. I find it very useful.

That sounds great! I see there is a way to assign % properties to specific labels and buttons with the script but I'm looking for a way to force the designer to automatically use %x and %y when adding a new label or button. Is it possible?

Upvote 0

cyiwin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the reply. My app has 25 panels, 17 buttons and 76 labels. It would be nice if I could rescale them all by the same amount in one line of data rather than going through each one and typing out that I want each of its four properties rescaled. It sure takes a lot of code space and time...

Upvote 0