Android Question Using sdkversion 4, is there any drawback?

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,

I am using this on manifest file
B4X:
AddManifestText(
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="4" />
<supports-screens android:largeScreens="true"
android:normalScreens="true"
android:smallScreens="true"
android:anyDensity="true"/>)

The only reason is, I want to have a box style in EditText. Is there any drawback when using this old SDK?

If there is an alternative to have a box style in EditText from newer SDK, I would like to use it. Some of newer app, like WhatApps (ver 2.12.165) has a box style in its EditText, it seem it is not depend on OS version, how do they do this?

Thanks in advance.

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I like the box style edit text also. I have a problem telling the difference between a label and an edit text – they both look the same.

This is a little embarrassing, but what I have done is put a gray panel the same size as the edit text behind the edit text as its parent. This gives an outline sort of similar to the old-style. You could probably use the new border property of B4A and get something that looks a little closer to the old-style.

I suppose the correct way to do this is to use custom styles and themes, but I'm not very familiar with those.

Barry.

Upvote 0

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your replied, I have tried that, but the underline border below edit text still visible, which I don't like.

Upvote 0