Android Question Using sdkversion 4, is there any drawback?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by incendio, Jul 1, 2015.

1. incendio

incendio Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hi guys,

I am using this on manifest file
    Code:
    AddManifestText(
    <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion=
    "4" />
    <supports-screens android:largeScreens=
    "true"
    android:normalScreens=
    "true"
    android:smallScreens=
    "true"
    android:anyDensity=
    "true"/>)
    The only reason is, I want to have a box style in EditText. Is there any drawback when using this old SDK?

If there is an alternative to have a box style in EditText from newer SDK, I would like to use it. Some of newer app, like WhatApps (ver 2.12.165) has a box style in its EditText, it seem it is not depend on OS version, how do they do this?

Thanks in advance.

2. canalrun

canalrun Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hello,
    I like the box style edit text also. I have a problem telling the difference between a label and an edit text – they both look the same.

This is a little embarrassing, but what I have done is put a gray panel the same size as the edit text behind the edit text as its parent. This gives an outline sort of similar to the old-style. You could probably use the new border property of B4A and get something that looks a little closer to the old-style.

I suppose the correct way to do this is to use custom styles and themes, but I'm not very familiar with those.

Barry.

3. incendio

incendio Well-Known Member Licensed User

Thanks for your replied, I have tried that, but the underline border below edit text still visible, which I don't like.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice