Android Question Virtualbox and B4A-Bridge

scottie

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is it possible to run B4A in Window 10 and use Android 9 running in Oracle Virtualbox 6.1?
Virtualbox has an IP address of 10.0.1.22, so it's like i'm on 2 different networks that cant see each other.

I've tried searching, but came up blank. Am I do assume this is not possible?

Any tips/suggestions?

Thanks,
Scott

teddybear

Licensed User
Is it possible to run B4A in Window 10 and use Android 9 running in Oracle Virtualbox 6.1?
Virtualbox has an IP address of 10.0.1.22, so it's like i'm on 2 different networks that cant see each other.

Any tips/suggestions?

Thanks,
Scott
Yes, it is possible.
if you want to be the vbox as an emulator, you can install b4a-bridge on it, then B4A->tools->B4A Bridge->Connect->Newip setup
Even better, you may choose android emulator such as NoxPlayer Memu etc instead of Virtualbox.
it is the best to use android studio emulator, there is a variety of devices to choose

Upvote 0

calloatti

Licensed User

Any tips/suggestions?

Thanks,
Scott
Configure the network of the guest properly so it will be in the same subnet as the host. It works for Windows guests, no idea if it will work for an Android guest (I guess it should)

1664652855971.png

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Configure the network of the guest properly so it will be in the same subnet as the host. It works for Windows guests, no idea if it will work for an Android guest (I guess it should)

View attachment 134237

This will also work in Linux.

Upvote 0