Visiblility of Radiobuttons and checkboxes

Hero post

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi experts,

I am using check-boxes and radio-buttons in a questionnaire App.
I tried using the default setting in designer and I tried defining them in the code.
The problem is that (at least in the emulator) they are barely visible.
For the radio-buttons I'd like to see a way to make the circle visible. (preferably full black.)
Anyone?

Hero post

Licensed User
Longtime User
What am I doing wrong

Hi Erel,
I attached the simplest of checkbox example.
In designer I create a radiobutton and a checkbox.
And next to that a panel with a radiobutton and a checkbox.
All using the default values. A screenshot shows the visibility (or lack thereoff)
Can U help?

Hero

Attachments

• checkbox test.zip
    380.3 KB · Views: 265
Upvote 0

Hero post

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looking at the results in the UI Cloud ( a great tool by the way), visibility of radiobuttons and checkboxes is very device dependable.
I'm using a Sony Tablet S. The results seem similar to the Nexus 7

Upvote 0

Hero post

Licensed User
Longtime User
I added both, to show that in neither case the button and box are very visible.
I guess I will need to find another workaround

Upvote 0

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you ever resolve this problem? I just got an Amazon Fire 7" HD (1280x800x240) and most Views seem transparent in both the emulator and using Designer on the tablet, but when I run the app, they appear normal.

Another quirk is that text which is supposed to be centered vertically in a label appears at the bottom of the label in Designer whether on the emulator or the tablet but appears centered when the app is run.

Upvote 0

chuck3e

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't see a solution to this issue. I tried the zip file and made sure Klaus's suggestion was implemented but still terrible results. My two cents - I don't understand why the radiobutton's little circle is not the same color as the .text color. That would solve the issue.

Upvote 0