Wish [Visual Designer] Ability to hide Elements "Only" in Visual Designer

epiCode

Licensed User
When working with complex layouts, sometimes I want to hide certain sections of UI which are either not relevant or overlapping.
current workaround is to move overlapping items to extreme right or left and later bring them back - but its such a tedious thing to do repeatedly
I wish we had a simple - "Hide in Designer" property or "Hide invisible items" checkbox in Visual Designer

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The standard UI way of doing it would probably be to add an eye icon to each item/row. In our case it wouldn't affect anything in the actual layout used in the app, just whether or not that item is displayed in the visual designer.

I took a picture from this post:

1649060652559.png

And opened the image editor GIMP and remade the rows in it. (Ignore the "icon" to the left of the name, that's obviously just for show in GIMP.) See the eye icon to the left, where one can toggle visibility of layers/rows on and off.

1649060810434.png

That said, it's usually frowned upon to have very large and complex layouts. Instead we are encouraged to break them up into smaller layouts that we merge in the app.

epiCode

Licensed User
That said, it's usually frowned upon to have very large and complex layouts. Instead we are encouraged to break them up into smaller layouts that we merge in the app.

I did not say "large".