Wish Visual Designer - Folders

laguilar

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a lot of different layouts and controls, a way to organize these into folders would make things much more efficient in finding the layout I need, and adds a bit of organization. Currently I find myself trying to trying to apply a naming scheme to find them easily, but some projects I have to scroll the list to find the layout I'm looking for.

laguilar

Licensed User
Longtime User
I mean in the designer File menu. Also in the File Manager pane, this does organize them into "Groups" but not actual folders, they are still individual files in the /Files/ folder of the project and have no affect on the LoadLayout call.

I'm referring to real folders. In this case I would be able to load a layout like this:

B4X:
Activity.LoadLayout("foldername/layoutname")

This would also make it very easy to "theme" an application in "Light" or "Dark" themes as most applications do these days. I am attempting this in one of my applications already but I'm prepending a "dark_" string to each file. Would be great to copy and modify the entire set and place them in "Light" or "Dark" folders and simply adjust my LoadLayout calls to include a dynamic variable for the "foldername/" part of my example.