B4J Question Visual Designer

Zoltan Dinya

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi!

First of all, I want to thank you for your hard work and dedication, Erel, your system is very very good and impressive! But to make things even better, my questions and proposals:

Is it possible to create an array of objects, for example textboxes? If yes, how? In the "good old" VB6 this was the index parameter, for example Sub DemoTxt_Click (index as integer). And without this, it can be a bit uncomfortable for me...

Is it possible to simply copy-paste the background color of an object to another in the Designer?

Is it possible to have a set of user defined colors? In the VB can one have ca 20 user defined colors. The color selector in the B4J is a bit too small, so it is a bit complicated to search and select a good color, if you don't have the codes.

The schematic graphics in the center of the Designer is a bit too schematic to overview the design of the form. Is it possible to see more the real graphics instead of the acutal schematic boxes? Okay, there is another box with the real form, but if you don´t have more displays on the desk, it is uncomfortable to switch always between the windows.

Is it possible to adjust "drag and drop" style the sizes of the form in the designer?
And numeric Form.width and Form.height parameters (or some analogues) in the Designer?

I beg your pardon, if I knocking on open doors, and theese questions are solved for ages, I am new in the B4J and I did´t find them.

Z.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
There are several ways to easily reference a group of views.
For example you can add all the views to a Pane and in AppStart write:
B4X:
For Each t As TextField in SomePane
 MyListOfTextFields.Add(t)
Next

You can also use the Tag property:
B4X:
For Each n As Node in MainForm.RootPane.GetAllViewsRecursive
 If n.Tag = "group" Then MyList.Add(n)
Next

Is it possible to simply copy-paste the background color of an object to another in the Designer?
Yes. You can copy the color value and paste it. You can also select several views and set the background color of all of them.

Is it possible to have a set of user defined colors
No. There is however a list of common colors.
In the VB can one have ca 20 user defined colors.
Ok.

Is it possible to see more the real graphics instead of the acutal schematic boxes?
This should go to the wishlist forum. Though it is unlikely to change in the near future.

Is it possible to adjust "drag and drop" style the sizes of the form in the designer?
And numeric Form.width and Form.height parameters (or some analogues) in the Designer?
The layout file cannot change its container size. Layouts are not strictly tied to any form. The same layout can be loaded multiple times, to different containers.

Upvote 0

Zoltan Dinya

Licensed User
Longtime User
"Is it possible to simply copy-paste the background color of an object to another in the Designer?
Yes. You can copy the color value and paste it. You can also select several views and set the background color of all of them."

Ok, but how? I can select the color code with the mouse, but then the "right click" does nothing. I don't see the usual cut-copy-paste popup menu.

b4jc1.jpg

And a proposal to the "wishlist", if we speak about the colors:

b4jc2.jpg
Is it possible to change the order of the predefinied colors? Instead of the names, can you use for example a rainbow style? Colors from blue to red? The ABC order of the names is a bit useless, when I (we?) want to find a color, it is better to see all greens, yellows, etc in one place. What do you think about it...?

Upvote 0

Zoltan Dinya

Licensed User
Longtime User
Double click on the color field and copy it with Ctrl + C:

SS-2016-01-26_08.34.16.png

Ok, i see now, and it works. Thanks! :) For me the mouse right click is more comfortable, and much more logical. If you have a mouse in your hand, why must you reach the keyboard? :)
Can you enable the right click option?

Upvote 0