B4J Question Web3X - Make Transaction on blockchain with Input Data

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, All.
In the available library it is possible to insert / read the message from (Input Data) type:

In this example this is messagge ( Input Data )
Blockchain.PNG

If i convert msg from
Blockchain2.PNG

i have this result.
Blockchain3.PNG

So the question is: "Is possibile read / write " Input Data field ?

Thank you
Marco

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you extract the source code of Web3X you will see that SendFundsImpl calls SendFunds2 which calls CreateTransaction. The last parameter of CreateTransaction is the input data. With some work you can expose this parameter.

Reading the transaction input data is quite simple but it is not implemented. I can add it if it will be useful for you.

Upvote 0

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you extract the source code of Web3X you will see that SendFundsImpl calls SendFunds2 which calls CreateTransaction. The last parameter of CreateTransaction is the input data. With some work you can expose this parameter.

Reading the transaction input data is quite simple but it is not implemented. I can add it if it will be useful for you.
Thank you for your answer.
One question, the same library will also be available for B4A and B4i ?
Thank you again
Marco

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just to add, Ive been asked to look into how block-chain can be used in an agricultural setting. E.g. stock count, other inventories etc etc.
I understand one cannot necessarity delete a transaction but perhaps can create a transaction that could perhaps have a (-) negative value to offset another.

For example, creating a budgeting app/expense app for a farmer, with product sales etc, im still curious in terms of how one can achieve such. Would be awesome with expertize perhaps help with an example of a simple CRUD example perhaps.

I thank you.

Upvote 0