Android Question WebviewTable show selected row? [Closed. Ans: is Sort of]

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All

I have Webview showing a table.
When there are more items in the table than are displayed in the WebView if a row is selected is it possible get the Webview to show the selected row?
[Similar to ListView.SelectRow( Int)]

Regards Roger

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You may also have a look at the SQLExample in the source code of the B4X SQLite Database B4X Booklet (B4A ony).
It contains a very simple table based on the ScrollView2D library, like the Flexible Table.
It is not a CustomView, the project was developed quite some time ago and before classes were introduced.

Upvote 0

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
You may also have a look at the SQLExample in the source code of the B4X SQLite Database B4X Booklet (B4A ony).
It contains a very simple table based on the ScrollView2D library, like the Flexible Table.
It is not a CustomView, the project was developed quite some time ago and before classes were introduced.

Thanks Klaus,
Actually I am still mucking around with your SQL Example2. This is not the first time you've pointed me to the later examples, unfortunately example2 is almost perfect for my needs. Thank you for that.

Regards Roger

P.S. Perhaps if you have nothing to do [Ha ha] it's time to update the SQL examples. They are great for the learning process.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The first SQLite project I wrote was SQLiteDB.
Then I wrote a new one, SQLiteExample project for the User's Guide.
Then, several users found it too 'complicated' for beginners.
Then, I wrote the three SQLiteLight examples with the goal to show the basics of SQLite without much other code around.
I used the WebView table, code borrowed from DBUtils, for its simplicity and already cross platform.
Then came SQLiteLight4 with more than one table.
And then, the same example projects for B4i and B4J published in the B4X SQLite Database booklet.
I want to keep these projects simple, and the FlexibleTable class is much too complicated for this.
Using the B4XTable might be a possibility, but I miss vertical scrolling.

Upvote 0