iOS Question What else can I be doing wrong? Error: security: SecKeychainItemImport: Unknown format in import.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ola

I think I have re-created the cert and provisioning files many times to no avail. What else could be causing this error that I'm missing?

I'm running java 8 64bit.
I set the Signing Key after clearing the folder and follow all the steps as is from the videos.
Compiling b4i bridge gets stuck at this.

Thanks

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User

Yes, it was my post ... Magically the problem was solved. I needed to recreate my keys today ... and the problem popped up again .... :-(
Currently I'm on b4i 7.80

Upvote 0

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
As I added in a new post that was removed because of a duplicate.
It might seem the problem is solved after trying all kinds of things, but basically the error can never be pinpointed to a specific reason.

It seems as if this is some kind of race condition at B4i's or Apple's side. It would really be helpful if more debug information (stack trace ?) could be provided by b4i.

Currently no b4i working on my environment, and I have no intention to keep guessing and trying for days in a row in the hope to get a working environment agaon ... so I guess I'll have to look for an alternative ...

I welcome Erel to take over my environment to look at the issue: I will even pay for his time spent ..

Upvote 1

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Mashiane, thanks ... but I already went through this process in August ... I did *everything* uptil the complete reinstall of my Mac machine and my PC ...
And it did not start working because of this ...

The number of times I recreated new certificates, provision profiles, .... can not be counted on two hands ...

Driving me nuts ... I will definitely not spend another set of days on this ...

Upvote 0

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Mashiane,

I no longer have a hosted builder account, so I guess I can repurchase it ... but that's sad as I purchased a fast M1 mac mini to be able to build fast. The hosted builder account undermines its purpose ...

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Mashiane,

I no longer have a hosted builder account, so I guess I can repurchase it ... but that's sad as I purchased a fast M1 mac mini to be able to build fast. The hosted builder account undermines its purpose ...
I suggest you speak to Erel first before purchasing a hosted builder, perhaps he can provision you a temporal user account that you can check with first.

Off course I'm just speculating.

Reactions: wl
Upvote 0

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Mashiane,

He did give me one in the past (back in August) and I *think* the problem was solved afterwards (also, strangely, on my local PC), though I'm not sure...
But indeed I can check.

Back then I had long talk with @mike2ppc who had it running and tried to help me but ended up with a broken environment on his side. Not sure, but he was last seen in September and told me he considered abandoning B4i because of this.

Upvote 0