Android Question What folders can be shown in Gallery?

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone:

My app make pictures and store them in the safe folder GetSafeDirDefaultExternal("checklist")
I created a folder insided "checklist" folder for every site I make folders. Example, site 2900040_U09 store the pictures in:
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semi.bqa/files/checklist/2900040_U09/

I've tried this code to show the images in the gallery.
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/show-image-in-gallery-android-7-0.97662/#post-615939

If I pass the pictures in that folder, for example:
B4X:
Sub ShowInGallery (Image As String)
   Dim dir As String= rp.GetSafeDirDefaultExternal("checklist") & "/2900040_U09"
   Dim FilePath As String = File.Combine(dir, Image)
   Dim Phone As Phone
   If Phone.SdkVersion <= 18 Then           ' min - 4.3.1
       Dim i As Intent
       i.Initialize("android.intent.action.MEDIA_SCANNER_SCAN_FILE", "file://" & FilePath)
       Phone.SendBroadcastIntent(i)
   Else
       Dim ctxt As JavaObject
       ctxt.InitializeContext
       Dim MediaScannerConnection As JavaObject
       MediaScannerConnection.InitializeStatic("android.media.MediaScannerConnection")
       Dim interface As Object = MediaScannerConnection.CreateEventFromUI("android.media.MediaScannerConnection.OnScanCompletedListener", "ScanCompleted", _
           Null)
       MediaScannerConnection.RunMethod("scanFile", Array(ctxt, Array As String(FilePath), Array As String("image/jpeg"), interface))
   End If

End Sub

It shows in the log:
B4X:
Scan Completed: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semi.bqa/files/checklist/2900040_U09/1.8(2).jpg
Scan Completed: content://media/external/file/21731

But I can't see the picture in the gallery.
But if I copy the picture to "Picture" folder
B4X:
Dim FilePath As String = File.Combine(File.DirRootExternal, "Pictures/" & Image)
I get in log:
B4X:
Scan Completed: /storage/emulated/0/Pictures/1.16(2).jpg
Scan Completed: content://media/external/images/media/21737
Now the image is shown in Gallery.

Must be then copied (or directly saved) in "Pictures" folder?
I'd like to show them from the folder I got them now, or I'll have to move all the folders in the next app update in order to show them in gallery.

Thanks in advance

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…