What posts do people want to read?

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wrote a series of posts on my android programming blog a while ago on writing a flappy bird clone, after they got mentioned on a featured XDA forum post, I got a lot of traffic, part 1 of the tutorial has over 6000 views in the last year. I'm thinking now about writing some similar articles. Basically I would copy the top android games, like crossy road, candy crush saga, follow the line, fruit ninja, geometry dash, anything that got over 10 million downloads really. Then write some simple tutorials on how to write these using basic4android and LibGDX ( I choose libgdx as that's what I like to use).

what do people think, have any of you here already read my posts on easyandroidcoding.com and what do you honestly think of them, are they too simple? Is my programming terrible and could be much better? I'm not a programmer by trade so it's just what I've taught myself in the little spare time I have.
I wrote a fruit matching game called orchard crush a while ago, so I guess I could alter that to use candy crush style gameplay pretty easily.

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have checked out your site in the past and you have done a great job. I am not making any games though but still learned a few things when I was just getting started by reading some of the info on your site, and watching the beginner videos. Maybe make something other than a game??? But keep on making tutorials. I for one, enjoy reading and watching the videos. Never too much info. :)
schemer

Last edited:

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the feedback. I mainly focus on games because it's what I enjoy. I suppose I should spend some time looking at non game features of B4A like databases, as this works as a good backend for games too.

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Andy!

B4A LibGDX tutorials are always welcome! I would like to see some shader / particle tutorials. :)
Keep on the good work!!

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i dont see any ads on your site, whats the point to have big traffic? buy b4a license?