iOS Question What steps should I follow, if my developer certificate expires?

davepamn

Licensed User
Longtime User
1. I download a new developer certificate (iOS_development.cer)
2. I drag and dropped it onto Xcode
3. I copied into the key directory
4. I created a new private sign key

The app starts to down but I get an error message
I am getting an error message "Unable to down app"
app could not be installed at this time.

davepamn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Steps completed so far:

1. B4i creates a "certSigningRequest.csr"
2. This file is uploaded to Apple developer
3. Awaiting the "iOS_development.cert" is created for download to the keys directory.

Upvote 0

davepamn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was expecting everything to work after downloading the "IOS_development.cert" into the keys directory

Do I need to recreate my provisioning certificate? It seems like the provision certificate just shows the devices that the app can be installed on.

Is the provisioning certificate connected to the developer certificate in other ways?

Error message:
Check dependencies
Code Sign error: No codesigning identities found: No codesigning identities (i.e. certificate and private key pairs) that match the provisioning profile specified in your build settings (“IT_Mobile_App_Development”) were found.
CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 8.0'

Upvote 0

davepamn

Licensed User
Longtime User
We recreated the provisioning file with the app id and the new developer certificate. I am still getting the No code signing identities found error. Do I need to manual sign the csr with a password matching the private sign password?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

davepamn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Steps:

1. Remove all the files from the b4i/keys directory
  2. The keys folder path is stored under “Path Configuration”->Keys Folder
  3. Click “Tools”->Private Sign Key. Input a First Name and Last Name, Organization, Country, and Password then click “Create New”
  4. B4i will create three files: b4i.keystore, b4i.p12, and certSigningRequest.csr
  5. Upload certSigningRequest.csr.
  6. Download the ios_development.cer into the keys folder
  7. Install the “Worldwide Developer Relations Certificate Authority”
  8. Create your provisioning file call it “It_mobile_development” and select your developer certificate and devices then down load the provisioning file into the key folder.

Upvote 0