Android Question WhatsApp Interaction

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see a number of historical discussions on this subject but nothing recent that might reflect the current state with WhatsApp user terms & conditions violations.

I would like to use the following two-step functionality:

An Android app invokes WhatsApp (that was already open) and passes a string to populate the text field of the CURRENT conversation. The user then can edit and send at his leisure. Can this be done with a simple intent without violating WhatsApp T&C or does it require a library? How?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The Forumsearch IS working. You just need to use it.

Whatsapp does not provide any API. In Result there is no Library.
I also do not know whether the above solution still works or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
DonManfred said:
The Forumsearch IS working. You just need to use it.

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate English may not be your first language but might I suggest you read the question before you leap in and characteristically reprimand yet another poster for not using the search facility, it is becoming rather tiresome.

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As far as I know, the APIs are rather limited.
You can use Accessibility Services. See my demo app here

It can be further extended of course

If it violates terms and conditions of WhatsApp and Google Play Store, I believe it's rather obvious and I don't think I need to comment on that šŸ¤”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
@moster67.... That's a good suggestion.

The more I read around the subject the more that I form the conclusion that WhatsApp's monitoring of 'illegal' activity centres around monitoring message activity that is coming to the server faster than a human can type and send. If you can avoid that situation then you should be OK.

Upvote 0