B4J Question Which is better for B4J development? Raspberry Pi 3B+ or Raspberry Pi 4B?

Diceman

Licensed User
I am thinking of dipping my toe into a Raspberry Pi but I haven't purchased on yet. Any recommendations on what to look for when purchasing a Pi?

TIA

Diceman

Licensed User
Prices are way too high for both. Graphics is quite limited on the Pi with B4J, too. Maybe you should use and i3/i5 mini/micro pc.
Supposedly the prices for RPi have gone up over the past little while, because of supply problems. I've been using B4A/B4J for years off and on, and I'll take Erel's advice and wait for a half decent price for RPi 4. At least now I know what the difference is between the two models. I'm not in an immediate rush for it. Thanks guys.

Upvote 0

Diceman

Licensed User
Prices are way too high for both. Graphics is quite limited on the Pi with B4J, too. Maybe you should use and i3/i5 mini/micro pc.
I got a laugh today when I found out the RPi 4 with 4GB initially sold for $55. Now it's well over double that. I should have bought RPis instead of investing in First Horizon bank stock. ROFL

I broke down and bought a RPi 4 today just to play with. Should be fun.

Upvote 0

Diceman

Licensed User
I'm looking for a micro SD memory card to get for the RPi 4 and stumbled upon What’s the Best Micro SD Card for Raspberry Pi? (benchmark). I put the link here in case it helps someone else. I'll end up getting a Class 10 from either SanDisk or Samsung. Probably 64GB if they're not too expensive. The write speeds on the SanDisk Extreme is impressive. I'll likely end up getting something slower (cheaper) for now.

Upvote 0

aminoacid

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a pretty complex B4J UI app running on a RPI Zero and it's been running flawlessly for several years. A bit slow to load, but once it loads I can't tell the difference between the Zero and it's big brothers. So I would say either one would be fine but it would depend on your application and it's requirements.

Upvote 0

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User

OR:​

How to convert a generic Chromebook to Linux OS

1682837268915.png

Upvote 0