Android Question Which progress bar?

App Dude

Licensed User
Longtime User
I need a progress bar that's cross platform, and where I can set the bar color, background color, and bar thickness. Non animated.
- The basic ProgressBar view does not let me set the bar color (unless I'm doing something wrong).
- The B4XProgressBar looks like what I need, but I can't find it in the Designer: Add Views->CustomView selections (though it's there in the zipped example). Was this removed recently?
- AnotherProgressBar is not doing what I need ... I've tried setting the value, but the progress doesn't change. And I can't figure out how to stop the animated stripes. I saw a post where that progress bar's code should be available, but I can't find the code in the Program Files (x86) -> Anywhere Software -> Basic4android -> Libraries folder. Should I be looking elsewhere?

Any guidance as to which will work for me, and where to find it, or some documentation for it?
Thanks.

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
- The B4XProgressBar looks like what I need, but I can't find it in the Designer: Add Views->CustomView selections (though it's there in the zipped example). Was this removed recently?

B4XProgressBar is a Class module ... you can just add the module to your project, or possibly compile it to a library.

Upvote 0

App Dude

Licensed User
Longtime User
That's the post where I found it, but haven't found it in the available views in the designer. However, I was able to copy the view in the designer (from the example) into my layout, and copy the class from the example. I'll find out soon if it works. But I don't feel like this is the correct way to do this, is it?

Upvote 0

App Dude

Licensed User
Longtime User
I managed to get colors changed, etc, so all is good now. But what's the right way to do this? Shouldn't I be able to get this from just including the library and then being able to select it from the available views in the designer?

Upvote 0