Which setting is the "real" setting?

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I am displaying an Activity module code, then click on the "Project" drop-down in the IDE, it will list "Activity properties..." in that drop down list, and it has two sub-options "Full Screen" and "Include Title" - lets say "Include Title" is checked, and "Full-Screen" is not.

Then launch the "Designer" from the IDE toolbar. Select one of the layouts from the "File" menu of the designer app. You will noticed that in the "Activity Properties" on the "Main" tab, it will also have these two options (Include title/full screen").

Change one of these options and then select "Save" in the "File" menu of the designer app. Now close the designer app.

Now, click on the "Project" menu of the IDE and look at the two sub-options under the "Activity Properties..." - you will notice that they did not change.

So, what is the point of having "Activity Properties" options under the "Project" drop-down of the IDE, when these settings needed to be specified for each layout using the designer app?

(just confused what effect the "project" 'activity property' settings have)

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, now I am confused even more...

If the "Project" settings of "Full Screen and "Include Title" are the "important" settings, then why are there "separate" settings for "Full Screen" and "Included Title" in the designer app for each Layout? What is the purpose of these "duplicate" versions of these settings that appear not to be in sync with the project's version of these settings?

And if the "project settings" were the "master" settings, then what would happen if I had two layouts (one that displayed the title bar and one that didn't), and tried to use a single activity module (with the project setting set to not show titles) to alternately load these two layouts? Would the title not show for the layout who's designer property was set to "Show Title"?

It is very confusing what the purpose/effect the "Show Title" and "Full Screen" settings have in the designer, and it would be grealty appreciated if a more detailed explination could be provided for the different project and designer combinations for these settings.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Only the properties in the main settings (not designer) affect the compiled program.

The purpose of the settings in the designer form is to allow you to correctly visualize your layout.

So why can't the designer settings affect the Activity settings (or vice versa)?

Because layout files are completely separated from any activity.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BOTH layouts will be displayed "Full Screen" even if the "Full Screen" setting is set to "False" in the designer?
Yes.

Meaning, if I want my app to show one layout full screen, and another layout with a title, then the only way to do this is to use two different activity modules?
Yes you must set or reset Full Screen and Include Title for each Activity module.

Best regards.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OK - Understood.

Thanks.