Games Who wants a video series on using LibGDX with B4A?

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've written nine games using B4A+LibGDX, they cover genres including, 2D overhead 360 degree space shooter, space invaders games with on screen buttons, vertical scrolling space shooter with drag controls, fruit popping match 3 type game, tetris game with swipe controls, 2D simple shape graphics block stacking game and a coin flicking game involving a piggy bank.

I'm thinking of producing a series of Youtube videos explaining how I wrote each feature of these games, so topics would be:

Basics of LibGDX loop
on screen buttons
drawing sprites on screen
drawing transparent sprites
handling touches on screen and multiple fingers
handling swipes for controls
scrolling
parallax scrolling
sound + music
animation

Who'd be interested in watching these? I have one day a week I can use to work on these, so there would be one, maybe two videos a week.

To see my previous videos, check out my channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFKnTtteZxaVig_iAcBMYQg

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It would be great!

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, it's good to see interest. To be honest, I posted this six month before the Covid pandemic kicked off and my life's changed a lot since then. I've got a lot les spare time now as I'm having to do more childcare jobs due to working from home. That and I'm now studying towards some work qualifications (Azure cloud stuff), and got a half marathon to run in six weeks.

But I'm still interested in this, I've got 6 games published on the store right now using LibGDX and B4A. The methods I use aren't the "best practice" but they work for me. So I don't use scene2d for my buttons, or box2D for physics. I use mainly just the batch drawing methods and touch methods. so my controls are all written by myself rather than using the LibGDX controls methods. But I think writing things yourself adds to understanding and makes bugs easier to fix.