Android Question Why Basic4 Android is fast and does not consume device resources ؟

ziz

Hello you all

I could not understand why Basic for Android is fast and does not consume device resources
Unlike Android Studio, for example, it is slow in compiler and heavy, even though a company like Google is behind it
Even by running the application on the phone, the Basic for Android programs are very fast

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The current version of Android Studio is using an IDE produced by Jetbrains which also produces IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm, PHPStorm and many more. The IDE is using Gradle for compiling code and I think it is a big and heavy giant elephant.

Reactions: ziz
Upvote 0

ziz

The IDE is using Gradle for compiling code and I think it is a big and heavy giant elephant.

You got the truth - this is the problem.
I noticed that Android Studio applications large or small stay about five seconds before the interface appears on the phone
Even if the application is an empty interface

After you use B4A for some while, you may find the answer yourself.

If it's just use and programming I don't think so
Only if I look behind the wall

I know that B4A is free

Is it open source Code ?
Is it possible to obtain a development license for the program ?

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why bother how the software work under the hood unless you want to help improve it. There are many ways you can do to improve it. Giving feedback and report any bugs after using it. So far I think Erel or Anywhere Software is able to deliver any updates or improvements in a very short period of time compare to other IDE. Most importantly we do not need to pay anything for it. I think it is better concentrate on how we can make use of this great software to create more apps efficiently to our users or customers. Let the company keep the ownership. However, there are many B4X internal libraries which are available open source in GitHub. You may look at them and make improvements if you wish. If you are good in Java, I think it is very much appreciated if you could help us members in this community to wrap some libraries as a form of contribution. Cheers.

Upvote 0

ziz

I don't have any bad intentions towards the product
I just couldn't believe the awesome ability of the product
This product B4A will be number one in the world someday
maybe it's just to participate in development in free time
As if there is a license (reuse) I know businessmen near me, perhaps I can persuade them to pay the money to create a commercial copy.
By spending a lot of money on it to develop it.
Otherwise, I will help as much as I can.

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

B4A used to be a commercial product. But now, the company is getting sponsorship from a investor.

Upvote 0