Android Question Widget of OpenWeather.org

AlpVir

Licensed User
Longtime User
would like to display the following widget in an Android device using a webview.

widget.jpg

This is the right HTML code to display this same widget on a PC with Windows.
This HTML code is partially generated by B4A.
B4X:
<html>
<body>
<div id="openweathermap-widget-15"></div>
<script>window.myWidgetParam ? window.myWidgetParam : window.myWidgetParam = [];  window.myWidgetParam.push({id: 15,cityid: '3177700',appid: 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',units: 'metric',containerid: 'openweathermap-widget-15',  });  (function() {var script = document.createElement('script');script.async = true;script.charset = "utf-8";script.src = "//openweathermap.org/themes/openweathermap/assets/vendor/owm/js/weather-widget-generator.js";var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(script, s);  })();</script>
<body>
</html>

With Android, however, it does not work!
Is there a chance to do it?
Thanks for the attention

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Weather forecast widgets from openweathermap are supposed to be placed within websites, thus you would in theory use something like
B4X:
WebView.LoadHtml($"Page html and your widget code "$)

But why not just write a weather widget or app?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlpVir

Licensed User
Longtime User
I entered the HTML in a webview
B4X:
HT1="<div id=""openweathermap-widget-15""></div>" & CRLF
HT2="<script>window.myWidgetParam ? window.myWidgetParam : window.myWidgetParam = [];  window.myWidgetParam.push({id: 15,cityid: '3177700',appid: 'xxxxxxxxx',units: 'metric',containerid: 'openweathermap-widget-15',  });  (function() {var script = document.createElement('script');script.async = true;script.charset = ""utf-8"";script.src = ""//openweathermap.org/themes/openweathermap/assets/vendor/owm/js/weather-widget-generator.js"";var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(script, s);  })();</script>"
 HH="<html><body>" & HT1 & HT2 & "</body></html>"
 Log(HH)
 WebViewOW.LoadHtml(HH)
My app presents another widget from another weather data provider on one screen.
I would also like to include those of OpenWeather, better charts than I can do by interpreting JSON data. I could do this.
I also used WebViewExtras and I enabled Javascript

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmm you appear to be correct @AlpVir.
When you place the generated code into a WebView absolute nothing happens, but I've tested my generated code as I have an account with OWM and the code works perfect via a browser. You can even copy and past the code into w3schools.com and the widget appears in their result/output window as expected, just not in WebView in B4A or B4J.

I really wasn't expected that, brb...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlpVir

Licensed User
Longtime User
Most likely it is the Javascript code that blocks the correct execution of the widget. I believe there is nothing to be done :(:(:(

Upvote 0