Windows up time

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
56 days, not bad I think...

SS-2019-02-06_12.00.24.png

It is a Windows 7 running many many things.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wish Windows would run just as long.

no problem for their servers as they are mainly for 1 or a few tasks unlike desktops where you sometimes are required to reboot for a simple software install or update.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I do not understand very well what is there to be surprised. I "rarely" turn off my laptop (win7) because the boot is very slow; I simply pause it (stand-by).

upload_2019-2-6_14-5-46.png

BTW it is very old, so if you do not read my posts anymore (already very rare now, compared to the past) you can assume that it is dead, not me :D

Last edited:

AHilton

Licensed User
Longtime User
no problem for their servers as they are mainly for 1 or a few tasks unlike desktops where you sometimes are required to reboot for a simple software install or update.

Exactly. We have several Windows NT 4.0 Servers and even still a few NT 3.51's at customer sites that have been running continuously for years. The hardware (fans, power supplies) has failed before the OS has. There's even an MS-DOS 6.0 machine still running in an environmentally controlled data closet interfacing between a "Ma-Bell" (the old AT&T phone system) mainframe and a 911 dispatching control center. The hardware has been replaced only 2 times (and only been stopped running those 2 times) in over 23 years. The case fan and power supply fans have long since died so an external fan and some careful case opening has let it run without having those or stopping the computer. How that 10MB hard drive still runs is anyone's guess!

It's all in how you set up the OS, choose and maintain the hardware (and environment it sits in), and the software it runs that makes the difference.